Roush Just when you think sellers couldn't get any more delusional

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-GT-Deluxe-Saleen-S281-Extreme-550hp-Beryllium-custom-paint_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQihZ010QQitemZ200110519534QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Look at the buy it now price.
Be more of a fair deal if you got a free s281 coupe with it.

And to make it even worse:
This car is subject to a $2600 Ferderal Gas Guzzler Tax

not included in "BuyNow" or MSRP

One would almost think that these dealers or sellers don't read any other ads before opening an auction.

• Sponsors (?)

Ron Ward is one of the best Saleen dealers in the country from what I've seen.

That price is sticker price. Granted it may be more than you or I are willing to pay for a new Saleen but that's a 2007 extreme with beryllium paint. That's the msrp for that car...

Taxes are never included in the sticker.

18K for a paint job is nuts.
I don't even think the color works that well on a mustang like it does on an s7. I'd much rather have black or white.

18K for a paint job is nuts.
I don't even think the color works that well on a mustang like it does on an s7. I'd much rather have black or white.

...the price tag is crazy but the custom paint jobs have more prep work involved then you might imagen. The entire car is taken apart, stripped down, painted (countless coats involved) and put back together. Its actually mind bloggling to see the process in person. IMHO, the base price on the E car is the crazy part of the whole process. The S351's were more hand built then any of the E cars and came at a cheaper price, until 99 with the whole fuel cell EPA garbage. S351 or E, I'll take the push rod any day of the week and twice on Sunday :nice: I know that's not the original topic in this thread but you know I also have to get us old guys involved with the 351 talk :p ....

...the price tag is crazy but the custom paint jobs have more prep work involved then you might imagen. The entire car is taken apart, stripped down, painted (countless coats involved) and put back together. Its actually mind bloggling to see the process in person. IMHO, the base price on the E car is the crazy part of the whole process. The S351's were more hand built then any of the E cars and came at a cheaper price, until 99 with the whole fuel cell EPA garbage. S351 or E, I'll take the push rod any day of the week and twice on Sunday :nice: I know that's not the original topic in this thread but you know I also have to get us old guys involved with the 351 talk :p ....

I also would take a fox or s351 over that car any day.
But i'd also take an 03/04 cobra saleen over them both.

Once you see the job they do, you realize it's worth it. The prep is almost a complete disassemby. Of couse mine was a real bargain at only $16,000.

All this talk of insane prep and work made me remember the 2007 beryllium sc car that was at cars and coffee this past saturday. Lets just say I'd make them repaint it and do the bumper caps correctly this time.

It was pointed out all day long that it appears they have a problem getting those caps painted correctly, even on non custom paint cars. It looks like they paint them off the car and are spraying them the opposite direction that the rest of the car is sprayed. Pretty obvious once you see the flaw.

When it comes to Power and The Intimidating Factor! Once you've had the pleasure to drive an All Mightly & Powerful S351, as far as Saleens go, you won't want to drive any other Saleen!:D The S351 is a serious Statement! I tried to tell this to the Saleen Rep that let me take a 2007 Extreme for a ride and got up to 12 pounds of boost real quick, but its just not the same! The Power & the destinct Sound of the Ghost Whisper Vortech Blower coupled with the Pushrod Engine sound is hard to describe, unforgettable!:) And although, I've never owned one, having the pleasure of driving one of my buddies to a car show once, has left an impression in my mind that has made it to the top of my dream car list even over my dad's 67 Shelby GT500! Robert, your loving this aren't you!:hail2: The only other Saleen I would compare the S351 to would be the limited 03 & 04 Saleen Cobra's!!! One of these days, I hope to have either one in my Garage! Hey, I'm allowed to dream here! Sorry, I got off the thread topic!

The only other Saleen I would compare the S351 to would be the limited 03 & 04 Saleen Cobra's!!! One of these days, I hope to have either one in my Garage! Hey, I'm allowed to dream here! Sorry, I got off the thread topic!

Wait until you hear a S351 run against a 03/04 Saleen Cobra, the blowers are a contrast in sounds, at idle and down low the S351 blower makes it's prescence known, as you get up there in rpm it starts getting quieter, a 03/04 Saleen Cobra is the opposite, idle and down low it's quiet, but once you really get into it and the rpm's climb the blower screams..................Now I think I'll go out and drive my car.......:D

There is nothing really comparable to the sound of a Terminator Cobra at high RPM. As far as reliablilty, and who really gives a shi* about that right?..... a Terminator Cobra with a Whipple and BAP is one serious contender. almost 100% bullet proof.

On the otherhand, a properly tuned S351 with a good intake and a powerpipe pretty much takes the cake and if you ever have had the chance to own one, well let me just confirm what Todd just said. It's tough go back to anything else. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQjVHxdHiSE

there is no late model mustang that compares to an S351. The big contenders against it (new shelby) are just not hitting the #'s the s351 had years ago off the lot, it takes little to no effort being pushrod's are very cheap to build, to end up with a bullet proof 408, ported heads, intake, good cam and make some absolutely rediculous power if you feel like modding one.

I WILL own one at some point...hopefully sooner then later. If I got a good enough job to justify buying an s351, my fox would be up for sale the same day

There are alot of cars out there right now that are priced way too high. The liztik car is about a mid to high 30 car in the current market. If it were an E-car or Steve's personal car then it would go a higher but, not as high as the owner expects. There is another s281 on ebay that the owner wants similar money for that isn't nearly as desirable. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUST...63QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I guess one pops up and every other dealer thinks they are going to jump on a bandwagon. I wish the prices were that good. I might sell one of my cars if that were the case.