K- Member Suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Looking to put a new k- member in my 93 coupe. Seeing how there is a overwhelming amount of options out there today. I was wondering what are the ones with the least amount of headaches and issues to over come.

IMO if you plan on keeping the car a DD and are not doing the K member swap due to needed extra clearance or racing, keep the stock K member. You can always paint or powder coat it.

If you do decide to swap out the stocker, I 2nd the recommendation. MM or nothing. Do it right the first time and avoid parts that don't fit, poor alignment, crappy welds, and cheap copies. Do you plan on keeping the stock A arms, struts, shocks? That will also play a role in deciding.

Reactions: 1 user
IMO if you plan on keeping the car a DD and are not doing the K member swap due to needed extra clearance or racing, keep the stock K member. You can always paint or powder coat it.

If you do decide to swap out the stocker, I 2nd the recommendation. MM or nothing. Do it right the first time and avoid parts that don't fit, poor alignment, crappy welds, and cheap copies. Do you plan on keeping the stock A arms, struts, shocks? That will also play a role in deciding.
The car isn't going to be a dd. it won't even be a track car or drag, no tracks around. I'm stripping and rebuilding, so before paint all suspension mods were going to be done. But as previously stated I could just paint the stocker.

I went with an aftermarket K member to reduce front end weight, plain and simple. After I did it, the increased accessibility of everything from underneath was impressive. I doubt you need to replace it just to rebuild the car. If you replace it, MM is among the best, with ones similar to UPR in the next tier down.

Another vote for MM if the car is mostly going to see daily duty. The UPR, etc. ones are designed primarily for drag racing purposes and sacrifice strength for weight reduction. The MM one is a bit heavier than others as it is overbuilt to withstand the stresses of autocross and road race duty. Griggs also makes a nice piece.