K&n Customer Service Review And Praise

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
I just wanted to share my recent experience with K&N. I have an 08 f150 with a 5.4 that has a K&N air filter assembly with heat shield. The bushings that hold the heat shield in place were severely wore out which I attribute to the heat here in Arizona. I called K&N and spoke with a tech guy so I could order the parts. He was quick to find the parts I needed but then informed me the parts would cost me more in shipping than the actual part. I chuckled and figured it was just part of doing business. The tech then informed me he would not charge me at all and was going to send them to me. I was kind of shocked as most companies these days are about the bottom dollar and could care less about customer service or a repeat customer. Far different from what I remember when I was younger.

This took me back to when I was a teenager building cars with my dad. I remember needing some bushings pressed into a control arm. I took it to a local shop and the guy told me there was no charge but to just come back to him when I needed some work done. I felt this was a great way of doing business and I was a future customer of his. This was a fond time of my life working on cars with my dad and learning how to fix them. This is what started me on the path on who I am today and how I work on my projects.

The tech didn't ask anything of me and didn't know me from someone else that called in for parts. He also didn't know that I am a long time customer of K&N both past and present. I currently have 7 cars (yes I have a caring, loving and understanding wife). 3 are projects, and will see a K&N filter when they get close to completion and I decide on what to do with the intake portion, and 3 others already have K&N filters. The 7th is fairly new and under a year free maintenance plan. This will see a new K&N filter once that free maintenance is done.

I know this may seem minuscule but this meant a lot to me. I may have been a customer of K&N before this incident, but this experience has made me a lifetime customer.

Blue

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Cool. K&N was formed by two racers....Ken & Norm back in the 60's. Met them many years ago at Englishtown when they were just starting to hit it big in the early 80's. Really cool guys. Glad to see they are keeping the customer focus after all these years.