KB B-A-P and ms3pnp

kjones6742

Nov 14, 2020
Daytona
Going to install an ms3 as soon as possible however, I notice this sn95 has had a return fuel system set up (guy spent $1k on it). I also see a KB boost a pump in the trunk. Of the aftermarket ecus I have utilized, I cannot imagine the closed loop fueling isnt going to be bothered by this fuel pressure setup. I have a recipe I use on all my bikes, an external bosch 404 and a 1:1 regulator and forget about it. 60#injex. This particular 03 GT has a 4.6 2v with a p1sc intercooled with about 8?lbs boost. Will see when I ditch the maf and go map. With this platform, am I making a mistake by ditching the KB and going to an external bosch and 1:1 regulator? I hate piggybacks due to either my lack of understanding/integration or chasing my tail when they fail.

• Sponsors (?)

nothing wrong with the BAP, with the MS3 you can simply turn it on when you come into boost. the return style system should simply bypass the extra fuel supplied if any. the purpose of the BAP is to just keep the pump fed with plenty of juice when under full steam. at 8psi you likely will not need the BAP if your pump is sized properly

Reactions: 1 user
Man I been around racing for a little while. You definitely know your :poo:. I dont believe it to be platform specific either. If you ever need a busa engine built, i will build you a tractor puller. Got a feeling this wont be near the end of the questions I throw that you will answer either.

Unrelated but there are no lines connected to this cannister except one that goes to a solenoid. Can I just cut the line and trash the component? Will it throw error codes?

Attachments

• 20201121_140731.jpg
    20201121_140731.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 33
Its behind the drivers side rear wheel. I cant find it anywhere in a haynes manual. Honestly looks like some kind of legacy fuel emissions probably fuel vapor charcoal cannister but there isnt anything from the fuel lines going to it. Maybe it was just disconnected. I can always disconnect it at the sensor and see if any error codes pop up.