keep 01 gt or save for a new 5.0

hey guys i am new to stang net but i need some help should i keep my 01 gt vert and keep modding it, a lot of what i have done has been maintenance or replacing missing item etc.Some thing about the car it is an auto has 140k miles the mods i have done have been new wheels/tires,bbk 78 mm throttle body,kn cold air,msd coils,slp loud mouth 1,bbk offload x pipe,and bama tuned.just at that point where i can get some bc racing coil overs and lower it but is it worth it.some cons of the car paint is no the best due to prior owner and a lot of money has been spent just to get the car sunning good.Examples would be fuel pump went out it has bbk replacement had to replace roof/battery headlights.so it comes down to i own the car but is it worth saving and getting a new stang and having payments or keeping this one and just keep going.what do u guys think if i get a new stang i would be a first time buyer aswell.

• Sponsors (?)

I never recommend car payments. Having that off my chest...what do you "need" the car to do? And, what do you "want" the car to do? Do your needs and wants align with where you are on life's road? Is this car your primary source of transportation? Wmburns asks pertinent questions above as well...if you are paying someone to do the work OR if the car is just really rough despite your efforts, you may be well served to do just what is needed to maintain transportation while saving to purchase a later model.

Depends on what it is like if it was like bigger job ex headers i would pay i dont have the tools or space to do that and this car is my daily
Everything that follows is IMO.

It's rarely cost effective to PAY a professional to modify your car.<ducks for cover>.

When making decisions about what modifications to you daily driver, reliability should be the top consideration. In general the car in Ford stock configuration is the most reliable.

When trying to make a decision between keeping an older car on the road verses getting a new car the cost of repairs have to be factored in. It does make a difference who is doing the work (you or a pro). But as a car ages more $$'s has to be set aside for repairs.

IMO, short answer. Keep your current car but don't modify it (put the $$ saved towards the next car). Learn how to fix your own car more of the time.

Signed
Ward Cleaver