Keyless entry, possible to use setup from another car????

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Would it be possible to use keyless entry from another ford vehicle?? The reason I ask is the factory remotes seem to be better than aftermarket stuff. If this is possible what would make a good donor vehicle??? Or would it be easier to go have an aftermarket setup with alarm installed

• Sponsors (?)

Hrmmmmm interesting on the ford add on, I get ford OEM parts at %10 over cost, I'll check on that tommorrow, thanks for the part #, is it a plug in system or will it require hardwiring?? Was it an add on for the fox stang or just a universal add on?

I was gonna ask if your supercharger ever threw a belt on you?? Mine has thrown 2 off recently, I think my prob was that I had the tensioner upside down and the belt wasnt tight enough, Im spooked to try it again, 20 bucks for a belt every 200 miles sucks, not to mention it's a pain to put on

Nope, never spit the belt. Are you sure yours isn't walking off vs. lack of tension? The pulley that comes with the kit for the crank is crapola and I ended up getting a billet one piece design from Vortech as my crank pulley had a really small front lip and my belt liked to move around a bit.
Also, Powerdyne's tensioner setup is :bs:

I agree with the tensioner being CRAP!! How much was the crank pulley from vortech???? I wish there was some way of improving the powerdyne tensioner but I dont see how. Maybe someday I'll save up and get a vortech or maybe even a kenne bell!

1993SSP said:
YIKES!! Maybe later on or something. But it has taller shoulders on it to hug the belt basically and keep it on the pulley?
Yes, sorry. I should have mentioned that part. The front lip is at least twice as tall as the b.s. Powerdyne version and its 1 piece vs. the piggyback style.

I may look into that. I may just sell my powerdyne after I get a little more money saved, then come income tax return time I'll spring for a kenne belle 6 psi kit.