king cobra clutch kit?? HELP...

kennym01

Jun 23, 2003
Anyone using the king cobra clutch kit I'm looking for some advice. My oem throwout bearing has been repaired twice now and it is making noise again. All within a 4000 mile period. I've complained really hard to Ford customer relations and they are willing to work with me to install a new oem and or aftermarket clutch kit assembly. Is the the king cobra clutch kit with pressure plate and their aftermarket throwout bearing a good set up that will last? I'm really tired of going back to have my noisy t.o.b. replaced, even though it's under warranty, it's becoming a pain in the a** to go back to have the work done. Any input is appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

huesmann said:
If your TOB keeps going out I doubt a different clutch is gonna help.
The stock t.o.b. is garbage, my feeling is if my Ford service is willing to spring for a new set up upgrade, I might as well try some parts that are better than the oem crap they keep putting in. I'm just trying to find out what is a good set up that will perform for more than a few thousand miles and not fall apart...

alright let me lay this to rest , the "king cobra" heavy duty clutch is good not the best but it will really feel awesome, the noise may not be your through out bearing but your fork, i had the same problem replaced my oem with the new clutch and still noise and then a buddy recommened the fork, as soon as i replaced it the noise was gone.. all in all the clutch is woth the money.!!

rice slayer' said:
alright let me lay this to rest , the "king cobra" heavy duty clutch is good not the best but it will really feel awesome, the noise may not be your through out bearing but your fork, i had the same problem replaced my oem with the new clutch and still noise and then a buddy recommened the fork, as soon as i replaced it the noise was gone.. all in all the clutch is woth the money.!!
It's definitely my throw out bearing and not the fork. At this point I recognize the sound and I have had it checked out more than once and the fork is fine. I don't even want to bother replacing it cause I've done it twice already and it keeps making noise. Ford has had problems with their t.o.b. in virtually all of their late model mustangs. My service manager has also acknowledged this, and that Ford has a flaw in the design. Apparently the new 05' Mustang has taken care of this ongoing problem. So, at this point replacing it so that it will eventually go out is pointless. I'm just trying to get some info on a good upgrade so I can have quality part's that will last for a while...

O.K. so if I don't replace the whole clutch kit what part's do I need to upgrade, besides the throwout bearing, to keep throwout bearing from going out, (making noise) every few thousand miles?