• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

King Cobra Clutch Kit??

  • Thread starter Thread starter 03MGT
  • Start date Start date Oct 25, 2005

03MGT

New Member
May 30, 2005
199
0
0
Oct 25, 2005
#1
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #1
I decided to go with the king cobra clutch its about 200 bucks and alot better than the stock one. I also like the fact that it can be a good daily driver clutch that can take a beating. where can I go to get one for the 03 gt? The ones I found are 10.5''.
 

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
1,461
1
39
Baltimore, MD
Oct 25, 2005
#2
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #2
im not sure ford makes the 11" KC. i think Ford Racing makes one. i'll try to fong the link for you.
 

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
1,461
1
39
Baltimore, MD
Oct 25, 2005
#3
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #3
well i did some quick research, and as far as i can tell ford doesnt make the 11" King Cobra clutch. over on modular depot a lot of guys were praising Mcleod's clutch for the 3650. they're not quite as pricey as spec or centerforce and offer a few different applications. i'll still try to find that ford racing clutch.
 

Hunter-White

New Member
Oct 23, 2005
162
1
0
Jonesboro Arkansas
Oct 25, 2005
#4
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #4
I had a king cobra on my 95 and it was the worst mistake I ever made. The heavy pedal for daily driver sucked. I am needing a new clutch to replace the stock on my 02 gt. I think i'm going with the stage 1 spec.
 

Orions98GT

New Member
Nov 20, 2004
234
0
0
Overland Park, KS
Oct 25, 2005
#5
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #5
I got mine off mustangtuning.com for 169.99 with free shipping, I love this clutch, can't beat it imo.
 

jasonh_86

I
May 20, 2005
1,156
2
48
Arkansas
Oct 25, 2005
#6
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #6
I need a clutch for my 3650.. dont know why they didnt make a King Cobra for it
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Oct 25, 2005
#7
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #7
i'm almost certain that Kingcobra clutch does come in 11". check with http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=G&Category_Code=46TRANS
 

03MGT

New Member
May 30, 2005
199
0
0
Oct 25, 2005
#8
  • Oct 25, 2005
  • #8
Im having a tuff time picking a clutch... I cant make my mind up.. I need a good daily driver freindly clutch that can take some abuse.... I wanted the king cobra but looks like They dont make it in 11'' Which i thought they did.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
449
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
A
Need some info on putting a 2002 4.6l in a 1997 gt.
  • Austin4.6l
  • May 29, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
167
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 29, 2025
Austin4.6l
A
Fox Clutch firewall adjuster
  • limp
  • Jul 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 1, 2025
limp
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
397
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
169
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?