KOEO test please i need help¡¡¡¡

gerzen

Jan 16, 2006
Chihuahua México
hi fellas, yesterday i run a KOEO test and i have the next codes:

1.- 85 - CANP Circuit Failure (O) , that is because i remove the evaporative solenoid, (its a good idea reinstalled?

2.- 66 - , MAF signal below minimum test voltage of .4vdc (O,M,R), Transmission Fluid Temperature Circuit Grounded (M,O), what about this codes? is my MAF failure? i install a sn95 maf sensor (little black box) its a good idea put my stock maf sensor in the 70 mm housing?

3.- 91 - o2 Sensor Circuit Indicates Lean -driver side(R), No o2 Sensor Switching Detected. always lean -driver side(M), Shift Solenoid 1 Circuit Failure (O) in the haynes manual the description about this code said that it could be a fuel pressure regulator failure, i asume that code was present because i raise to much the fuel pressure at 50 psi vacum off, besides, i remove the sparks plug and the weird thing its that it seems a little grey tone, not white, grey. also i know that code has to be with some vacum leaks, it could be that i remove the vacum hose from the fuel pressure regulator for adjust it, so it could be rigth?

4.- 96 - Fuel Pump Circuit Open-Battery To PCM (M,O)what about this code? i dont have any idea that whats happens do i have troubles with the fuel pump? where is locate the secondary circuit relay in my 91 stang?

• Sponsors (?)

1.- 85 - CANP Circuit Failure (O) , that is because i remove the evaporative solenoid, (its a good idea reinstalled?

Yes, this can generate the code. I think it's a good idea to leave it functional but many folks do not.

2.- 66 - , MAF signal below minimum test voltage of .4vdc (O,M,R), Transmission Fluid Temperature Circuit Grounded (M,O), what about this codes? is my MAF failure? i install a sn95 maf sensor (little black box) its a good idea put my stock maf sensor in the 70 mm housing?

From your MAF thread, you know you gotta have a matched MAS and MAF (a matched black sensor and its own housing). Check the signal voltage at idle and see where it is. It should be around 1.0 volt at idle as I recall.

3.- 91 - o2 Sensor Circuit Indicates Lean -driver side(R), No o2 Sensor Switching Detected. always lean -driver side(M), Shift Solenoid 1 Circuit Failure (O) in the haynes manual the description about this code said that it could be a fuel pressure regulator failure, i asume that code was present because i raise to much the fuel pressure at 50 psi vacum off, besides, i remove the sparks plug and the weird thing its that it seems a little grey tone, not white, grey. also i know that code has to be with some vacum leaks, it could be that i remove the vacum hose from the fuel pressure regulator for adjust it, so it could be rigth?

You're on the right track. However, if it was an issue with a vac leak, fuel pressure being too high, etc, you would think it would affect both O2's. I would check the signal voltage of your driver side O2 and compare it to the passenger side O2. The sensor itself could be bad.

4.- 96 - Fuel Pump Circuit Open-Battery To PCM (M,O)what about this code? i dont have any idea that whats happens do i have troubles with the fuel pump? where is locate the secondary circuit relay in my 91 stang?
I think Jrichker has a write-up for this one (as he does for the others as well).

Good luck.

Code 96 – KOEO- Fuel pump monitor circuit shows no power - Fuel pump relay or battery power feed was open - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits. The fuel pump circuit lost power at one time or another.

Look for a failing fuel pump relay, bad connections or broken wiring. The fuel pump relay is located under the Mass Air Meter on Fox bodied stangs built after 91. On earlier model cars is under the passenger seat. On Mass Air Conversions, the signal lead that tells the computer that the fuel pump has power may not have been wired correctly. See http://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/massairconversion.html

To help troubleshoot the 96 code for 91-93 models see http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/large/0900823d80195960.gif

Look for power at the fuel pump - the fuel pump has a connector at the rear of the car with a pink/black wire and a black wire that goes to the fuel pump. The pink/black wire should be hot when the test connector is jumpered to the test position. . To trick the fuel pump into running, find the ECC test connector and jump the connector in the lower RH corner to ground.
attachment.php

for a description of the test connector.. No voltage when jumpered, check the fuel pump relay and fuse links.

Power feed: Look for 12 volts at the pink/black wire (power source for fuel pump relay). No voltage or low voltage, bad fuse link, bad wiring, or connections. Remember that on 92 or later models the fuel pump relay is located under the Mass Air meter. Watch out for the WOT A/C control relay on these cars, as it is located in the same place and can easily be mistaken for the fuel pump relay.

Relay: Turn on the key and jumper the ECC test connector as previously described. Look for 12 volts at the dark green\yellow wire (relay controlled power for the fuel pump). No voltage there means that the relay has failed, or there is a broken wire in the relay control circuit.

ok thanks a lot for the advice, im going to check my fuel pump circuit and see what going on, so it could be a failure in that circuit or the pump doesnt receive the power at some moment? i mean maybe at WOT or a few seconds and then receive again the power?,

hissing50, like whe talk, i check the sn95 maf mas and compare it with my 70 mm maf and both are equal, so i get the F2ZV sensor and installed in my 70 mm maf so i assume its the maf and the mas matched, i go to check it at see if i have a 1.0 volts at idle, like you said and see if the maf F2ZV is ok, about the hego i need to chek it too

thanks for all your help i hope find out the problem whit my codes, hey btw it could be the code 96 generate because a bad contact in the inertia switch i asking because i notices that some times when i take a bad road whit jumps and stuff, my trunk its open, like if the trunk release switch is operate whit the jumps or vibration and because the inertia switch is near, it could be a bad conection in that switch? :shrug: