Kooks 7009 or 7010? Which is the right adapter plate?

giddyup306

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
I need to get an adapter plate for my Kooks headers that are going to be mated to a set of Edelbrock Performer RPM heads (6025's). I would assume that the 7009's are the right ones because it says "Header Bolt Pattern Edelbrock/Glidden Victor Jr.". Now, are they talking about the bolts that go into the head, or the bolts that go into the header?

If I post the link I don't think it will work since I'm using the compare function, so I've included a screenshot so you can see what I'm seeing.

kooks.png

It looks like the two pictures are exactly the same, so I don't know...

If someone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it. I'm sure if I got the wrong one Summit would exchange it, but I don't want to deal with the extra down time.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Mike I think you want the 7010, stock style. Measure the distance beween your header bolts on your head, the 7009 references a 2.75" which is wider then stock ports.

What Kooks header do you have?

Mike I think you want the 7010, stock style. Measure the distance beween your header bolts on your head, the 7009 references a 2.75" which is wider then stock ports.

What Kooks header do you have?

Hey Rick how's it going man?

You're probably right about the 7010's. The way that the description was worded was just confusing. The heads do have the stock header pattern. I didn't realize that there was an Edelbrock/Stock config and an Edelbrock/Edelbrock config.

I had a feeling that someone would tell me to measure them, but right now I'm stuck in Norfolk, NE (we had a blizzard yesterday).

I have no clue what model the headers are. I bought them used 7-8 years ago on eBay, and I didn't see a number on them anywhere.

Thanks.