• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

KYB shocks from laurel mountain mustang

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bigstang1
  • Start date Start date Sep 11, 2004
B

Bigstang1

Founding Member
Aug 28, 2002
415
0
16
Massachusettes
Sep 11, 2004
#1
  • Sep 11, 2004
  • #1
Anyone ever ordered the 6 piece kit from here for $194.95? Are these shocks any good for a daily driver application? I need them bad my kidneys still hurt from the ride back from work.
 

Asha'man

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
1,909
0
0
Denver
Sep 12, 2004
#2
  • Sep 12, 2004
  • #2
If the rest of your suspension is stock and will be staying that way, KYBs are supposed to be good stock replacements. If you're building suspension at all or will be, don't bother - go with something good like Bilsteins (sorry, I'm a little biased), Koni or Tokico.

Ash
 

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
2,773
17
89
Dallas, GA
Sep 12, 2004
#3
  • Sep 12, 2004
  • #3
KYB's are great one up units for the money. I had them on my old car, and my mustang until recently, and even have KYB's on the beater. Not the best, but better than regular stock replacments.
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Sep 12, 2004
#4
  • Sep 12, 2004
  • #4
90mustangGT said:
KYB's are great one up units for the money. I had them on my old car, and my mustang until recently, and even have KYB's on the beater. Not the best, but better than regular stock replacments.
Click to expand...
well said, Jason. i would say that i think they are a real nice deal for the money. i have run them on other cars and was happy.
 
R

ratrapp

New Member
Apr 24, 2004
510
0
0
buena vista,va
Sep 12, 2004
#5
  • Sep 12, 2004
  • #5
agreed,they are a great deal for the money.i run them on all of my vehicles and some of my friends cars as well and they are pleased as well.
 

OL' WHITEY

New Member
Jan 28, 2004
273
0
0
Weddington, NC
Sep 13, 2004
#6
  • Sep 13, 2004
  • #6
I put the 6 pc. non-adjustable KYB kit on my '93 hatch a couple of months ago. Overall, I am pleased. The ride is much harsher, though. It handles better now, but there is a tradeoff in comfort. I wish I had gone with the Tokicos or the KYB adjustables, but they're so friggin' expensive, I couldn't stomach the cash outlay.
 
S

slytherin

New Member
Apr 5, 2004
702
1
0
northeast ohio
Sep 13, 2004
#7
  • Sep 13, 2004
  • #7
You might want to check out ebay for some deals thats where I got mine. I have heard the same reports that the kyb's are just a step up from stock.
 

OL' WHITEY

New Member
Jan 28, 2004
273
0
0
Weddington, NC
Sep 17, 2004
#8
  • Sep 17, 2004
  • #8
I ran into t little problem with the KYB's last night. Specifically, the quads. They are a little bigger in diameter than the stock quads. When I tried to put on 9" wheels, they rubbed. I even tried flipping them to no avail. I'm going to have to space the wheels out about 1/4" until I can get some lower control arms and ditch the quads altogether.
 

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
2,773
17
89
Dallas, GA
Sep 17, 2004
#9
  • Sep 17, 2004
  • #9
OL' WHITEY said:
I ran into t little problem with the KYB's last night. Specifically, the quads. They are a little bigger in diameter than the stock quads. When I tried to put on 9" wheels, they rubbed. I even tried flipping them to no avail. I'm going to have to space the wheels out about 1/4" until I can get some lower control arms and ditch the quads altogether.
Click to expand...

The upper part of the shock is just a dust shield, you could cut it off for more clearance.
 

OL' WHITEY

New Member
Jan 28, 2004
273
0
0
Weddington, NC
Sep 22, 2004
#10
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #10
Yeah, I know. I just didn't want to hack them up too bad. I did mash the dust caps in a little with some channel locks, though. It works fine with the 1/4 spacers for now. I can see control arms in my near future!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
343
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
227
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
G
  • Poll Poll
I got a free Mustang from Grandma
  • GrannysMustang
  • Mar 4, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
14
Views
520
The Welcome Wagon Mar 6, 2026
Realmongo
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
348
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
1
Electrical 1985 mustang gt Led conversion trouble
  • 1985fox
  • Jan 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
730
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 15, 2026
1985fox
1
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?