Leather Steering wheel cover

• Sponsors (?)

i got the same damn problem... im looking at having it reapolstered. i got my center console redone in old car so im gonna try the same place. i hate having the steering wheel all ****ty feeling. like theres crumbs all over it. butt crumbs.

98GTBlk said:
i got the same damn problem... im looking at having it reapolstered. i got my center console redone in old car so im gonna try the same place. i hate having the steering wheel all ****ty feeling. like theres crumbs all over it. butt crumbs.
LMAO...

That's the EXACT feeling man......

As for it being sewn on, yes it is....

BUT, it looks like it can be a kit too. I'll start doing some searches and post my findings here.

i have the same problem, the leather on the top of my steering wheel is all f***ed up i was thinking of just getting a cover for it, but if i could get a kit that would work that is the better option for me.

also gonna do some searches :flag:

98GTBlk said:
i wonder if it requires u to take off the existing one... shouldnt be too hard.

Not hard at all, once you pop a stitch, the rest should pull out easy. I checked that last site put up and it is the cheapest there especially with the 5 dollar shipping charge. Only problem is, has anyone heard of that company? I'm willing to do it, just sorta iffy about the company.

By the way, all the links sell the same product from the same manufacture I believe.

Blev:

Don't take the original cover off, just put the new cover over it. The benefit is a thicker grip (more comfortable, imho).

FWIW, I got a cover from WheelSkins.com. Color is almost spot on stock color. Installation is not too bad but pulling the cord will tear up your pinkies (both hands) unless you wear gloves.

nyuk98gt said:
Blev:

Don't take the original cover off, just put the new cover over it. The benefit is a thicker grip (more comfortable, imho).

FWIW, I got a cover from WheelSkins.com. Color is almost spot on stock color. Installation is not too bad but pulling the cord will tear up your pinkies (both hands) unless you wear gloves.

Good point!!

What color did you get and what color is your interior?

Blev:

Medium Grey leather here. Let me look up the invoice at home tonight and I'll post back with color and size (something like "AA"?). The thread they send in the kit is black, too. You just need to careful at each of the four spokes when trying to get the thread cinched up, it is easy to get it looking lopsided. Patience helps.

Chris

RysRed96GT said:
i want to know too.

blev, what color should i get for the gray interior on autosportcatalog?

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=1793&addcar=1

If you have the black dash and trim, I would go with black, but that's just my .02. Since I have peanut butter interior (not sure of color) I'm going with the two tone. Black and sand. Do you guys think the two tone will look ricey? Only reason I'm going two tone is because I'm not sure if the sand will be a good match. It seems the closest

Nyuk, the size is AXX according to the size chart. I wish you had the same color interior as me though.

Thanks for everyone's help and input. I think I'm going to order it right now.