Let the fun begin....sorta

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Well in my down time today I dropped my fuel tank. When I had the car dynoed the tuner showed that the fuel system was 100% duty cycle at 5900 RPM's. The tuner said it looked like I had a single focus pump in the car. I had been told from the previous owner that it had a cobra tank, and I just assumed it had the cobra pumps. Well after dropping the tank enough to get to the hat, I see the date stamped 8/2002.....well seeing as my car is an 01 :shrug: means it must be different. Well pulled em out and it was the cobra dual pump assembly:nice: and baffled cobra tank:hail2: So thats good! But we need to now figure out what the problem is. He said it might be a wiring issue going from the cobra hat to the stock gt stuff. Maybe its not heavy enough? I know some people talk about the wire upgrade, so I need to do some searching. So looks like I will eventually ge the car to the tuner and let them mess with it. But probably wont be till the fall. Going to be upgrading to 42lbs inj along with going down to a 3.3" RR pulley from the stock 3.6" vortech......cant wait! Looks like intercooler coming this winter, but thats a ways off for now.....so the fun begins :nice:

• Sponsors (?)