Let's talk crap about NASCAR

First of all a shout out to my girl Monica Fitzpatrick for coming in 4th, apparently highest a woman has ever finished in NASCAR. You go girl! I've been a fan of hers for years, lol.

Second, how come there are two cars with same number on some teams, for example:

Car Driver Make Sponsor Team Crew Chief

32 Terry Labonte Ford FAS Lane Racing FAS Lane Racing Frank Stoddard
32 Mike Skinner Ford Southern Pride Trucking FAS Lane Racing Frank Stoddard

37 Tony Raines Ford Race Fuel Energy Drink Front Row Motorsports Greg Conner
37 Robert Richardson Jr. Ford North Texas Pipe Front Row Motorsports Greg Conner

60 Todd Bodine Toyota Tire Kingdom/Valvoline Germain Racing Buddy Sisco
60 Landon Cassill Toyota Big Red Germain Racing Buddy Sisco

64 Mike Bliss Toyota Max Q Motorsports Max Q Motorsports Larry Gunselman
64 Derrike Cope Toyota Creative Recycling/Fazoli's Max Q Motorsports Dave Fuge Jr.
 
Week #3 and another week for DW to be all up Dale Jr's ass. Does he get paid for every plug he gives him or does he just think that no talent hack is actually going to win a race this year?
 
Honestly, i wish i were a NASCAR fan. At least then i could join in and enjoy it since TV seems to have embraced it. At least then i would have something good to watch on Sundays on network TV. At least then i'd have some kind of automotive racing show i could watch all the time.

Unfortunately, unless they're crashing, i just can't get into it. The abundance of redneckery involved and the lap after lap of trading spaces and drafting are just not enough to hold my attention.

yes, what you said !, same here. round and round they go where they stop only Jr knows, ha,ha! depends on who he decides he wants to crash that day, same with Waltrip - didn't he take a break or something though. I notice he's doing the heartburn commercial or what ever it is.
 
Yeah, yeah, I know, but besides you, me and few others, nobody does :D But we're talking about the series itself, not drivers who participate in other races. I'd rather watch paint dry on the wall then watch a bunch of essentially same cars driving in circles. The only time it's exciting is when there is carnage on the track. I mean 200mph collisions are most of the time nothing short of spectacular.

I don't even like that part ! I saw Carl Edwards just about win a race when some jackass wrecked em. I don't watch it anymore unless I'm really feeling hard up. TGTF (thank god there's football) during the off season of motor racing. I like all motor racing except nascar. How can they legally even have the same acronym when the SC is standing for stock car. They need to change it so that COT is in there some where don't they ? :shrug:
 
yes, what you said !, same here. round and round they go where they stop only Jr knows, ha,ha! depends on who he decides he wants to crash that day, same with Waltrip - didn't he take a break or something though. I notice he's doing the heartburn commercial or what ever it is.

yep... drivers decide they want to crash. That makes sense. And mentioning Waltrip? He's a team owner now and doesn't really race anymore.

But that's ok, no need to watch NASCAR. Just stick to the other racing series where the same drivers win every race ($$$$$) :nice:
 
My boys are big Nascar fans so we took a Nascar vacation two weeks ago. We went to Roush, Hendrick, DEI, Steward Haas, Chip Ganassi Racing, Penske, Kasey Kahne Racing (World of Outlaw Cars), JR Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing.

Here are pictures of all the shops.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/842275-racing-shop-vacation.html

We watch every type of racing. F1 and Nascar being the favorites, V8 Supercar, Rolex then Indy cars. We just like racing. In fact I'm in the process of putting a iRacing Simulator in our Racing Man Cave.
 
Has Johnson won the title again yet?

Why dont they just put everyone in Nascar on the same team except for Jimmy Johnson and they can all race against him all year.

No he hasn't won't a 6th straight title but he's 3rd in the points. Nobody is better than Jimmie Johnson with 10 races to go. The last 5 years with 10 races to go he averages 3.3 wins in that 10 race span. You will win the championship every year if you can pull that off and he has.
 
I knew he was near the top. I'd like to see Edwards take it but that's yet to be seen. As long as it's anyone but Dale jr, but he sucks anyway he can't even win a race let alone a championship. Mist over rated driver ever!!!
 
I knew he was near the top. I'd like to see Edwards take it but that's yet to be seen. As long as it's anyone but Dale jr, but he sucks anyway he can't even win a race let alone a championship. Mist over rated driver ever!!!

You're correct about Jr. Not only is he over rated but he's also the highest paid and most popular. How is Jimmie Johnson making less money (contract, no sponsor) than Dale Jr.? If you win 5 Championships in a row you MUST have the biggest contract. My son is a huge Dale Jr. fan. In the last 3 years he's won 1 race (on fuel mileage, not even dominating performance).

Carl Edwards has had engine issues the last few weeks. He's dropped from 1st to 4th in the points. Kyle Busch #18 seems to be the man to beat this year. He has a horrible record with 10 races to go though. If he has any shot he's got to win a minimum of 2 races within the last 10 races.
 
I hate the chase because Chad and Jimmie don't race the first 26 races, they use them as test sessions and when whatever they're trying works, happen to win. They know they're going to finish well because of the level of equipment they're using, so they do that every week. Then with ten races to go they take everything they've learned, go all-out with it, and beat everyone mercilessly.

The good news is, this year, three other drivers seem to have done the same strategy.

Brad Keselowski (most underrated talent in the sport except, perhaps, Regan Smith)
Carl Edwards (sponsors' wet dream, but can actually drive damn near anything damn near anywhere)
Kevin Harvick (He's an ass, but a lovable one, and he just might pull it off.)
 
Couldn't agree with your more. Proof Johnson not racing was when he told Dale Jr at Talladega he wanted to ride in the back until 30 to go. Junior told him we need to go like 10 times on the radio. Finally at 30 to go they did but 5 caution flags killed them and they finished 27th & 28th.

Johnson will not win this year. It's up to Tony Stewart And Carl Edwards. It's almost over.
 
Yes, Nascar is a favourite target in the Tour de France crowd. ;) I guess any sport (that's right) embraced by the South is going to be torn to shreds by folks up north or out west. That's fine. I don't care much for "futbol", cycling, skateboarding or tennis myself. To each their own.

I'm not the rabid fan I used to be though. I've been to Talladega six or seven times. Since Dale and Rusty are no longer in the series, I've lost interest. I still check out Daytona, Martinsville and Bristol though.
 
If there was any doubt how this thing is a set-up was tonight. No way should Stewart and Edwards walked from the rest of the field like that unless they had some "advantage" to keep them together for the entire race.
 
If there was any doubt how this thing is a set-up was tonight. No way should Stewart and Edwards walked from the rest of the field like that unless they had some "advantage" to keep them together for the entire race.

Keep them together? Tony Stewart came from the back how many times? 4 or 5? Whereas Edwards just had a good car and stayed at the front the whole race.
 
Tony saying he was gong to win the race I thought was a mistake, you never win when you predict it. He was on a mission. Going 3 and 4 wide at times. Not a Tony fan but he deserved that win, he didn't hold back at all. I didn't go this year. My kids weren't happy about that. I'm going the Gatorade duels in Feb with them though.