Lets try this again

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
I love having a beater :banana:

Hood shuts, it'll clear the overflow tank, easier to route the cold side piping. Boost is soon to come again :cool:

turbo01.jpg

turbo02.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'll be Jealous once its up and running. Lots of guys around here doing projects on there stangs but nothing beats being able to go out and turn the key and drive it. Only hinderence Ive had is the crappy weather.

:D

Striped5.0 said:
I'll be Jealous once its up and running. Lots of guys around here doing projects on there stangs but nothing beats being able to go out and turn the key and drive it. Only hinderence Ive had is the crappy weather.

:D
I'd have to say if I didnt get to feel what it was like before I probably wouldnt be redoing all of this right now. I just need to make one more bend to connect the pass side and drivers side pipes together, then weld that up, then stick on my DP and see how much I have to change it. I think the DP should be pretty good to go, then I have to redo the cold side piping and wastegate. Pretty much the only thing I'm keeping the same is the Y pipe I made since it took the better part of a night to make it. The rest is pieces from what it used to be.

as soon as i saw your title i knew exactly what you were up to....again!!!! Setup looks great and I hope third times a charm and you get to go out and make some boost and have fun. Btw im really looking into those master power t70 turbos as ive heard alot of good things about them. Btw, as far as A/R goes on the exhuast and intake housing what size would be best for a 360ci motor running no more than 5500 rpm and 8-10 psi of boost? Anyways looks awesome and incredible job with the fabricating.

matthiasj said:
looks good so far, hopefully it will run this time.
HEY! It ran last time... Just down the street and back :p

bad98sst, for a 360 I would get at least the .96 exhaust housing, if not the next size bigger. I have a 331 or 347 planned in the future, and Joe said the .96 housing would be perfect for either one of thoes sizes, so thats what I bought, and it works great on my 302 too.

1105 said:
I'd have to say if I didnt get to feel what it was like before I probably wouldnt be redoing all of this right now.

True. I would just find it so frustrating to have so much down time w/ the car all the time and never being able to drive it. Projects are great but ( not you ) but seems like its all that some people do and we never see any results from any combo's b/c the cars are always in peices. Maybe its just me and b/c of where I live b/c we only have the summer months to drive our cars before there put away for the winter, the summer months are to far and few between.

hotside is pretty much done now... Just need to weld the pipes and put the car up on the lift at work to finish my DP. Its now down to the bottom of the tranny so I dont feel like laying on the ground welding the rest up :D

Tomorrow:
1. mount intercooler
2. run the pipes from the turbo to the cooler
3. run pipes from the cooler to TB if time/my patience permits :)

turbo03.jpg

turbo04.jpg

turbo05.jpg

looks great man...i have a lotta respect for a guy like you who does all their work by themselves....thats the way i was brought up, and its great to see a lot of people with the same mentality as me on here doing great things with their cars......good luck with the rest of the project and keep us updated......hey, maybe ill go turbo SOMEDAY......... :shrug: