Lincoln Mark VII and SN95 rear axle/brake compatibility

tuhockey11

Apr 7, 2003
PA
I bought my car with a 5 lug, 4 wheel disc conversion. Fronts are SN95 spindles, rears are Lincoln LSC axles, calipers, rotors, etc. Back wheels stick a bit too far out for my liking and Ive heard the SN95 axles are a bit further than the fox axles, but not as far as the Lincolns. Question is, can i just get SN95 axles and caliper brackets and still use my Lincoln calipers and rotors? Would rather reuse the Lincoln stuff that I can seeing as I just replaced the calipers and pads...

• Sponsors (?)

No, they are not compatable stock. The brackets are totally different and so are the calipers. If you want to ditch the 1.25" longer than stock Fox axles, you have two basic choices.

(1) use Ranger/Aerostar axles and modify the Mark VII brackets to flip them and move the calipers in 1.25"

http://home.pacbell.net/black306/tech/reardisc.html

or

(2) change over to the complete 94-98 SN95 setup, axles, calipers, rotors, and brackets.

I have been thinking about modifying another set of Mark VII caliper brackets so they mount on the inside of the axle flange instead of the outside, and possibly using a spacer to move the calipers inboard 1/2", that way I can use the SN95 axles with the Mark VII calipers and rotors. Right now I have the flipped brackets with Aerostar axles, but I want to add ABS, so short of going full blown Cobra rear brakes, that is the next best alternative I came up with. But I just don't have the time to work on it.

I think Ill go with the flip caliper bracket route, all I need are some Ranger axles. I thought about the newer wheels, but I really like the looks of the Bullitts on my black GT. Want to keep the wheels