Little dry Nitrous schooling needed...??

steveb24

Nov 28, 2005
wilmington, DE
So im in the market for the juice. Im very concerned as to why intakes blow off, as ive exhausted the search feature, and cant find a definite answer. Thats because there isnt one. So, im looking at a dry system and wondering if I should go this route? Seems like nothing could go wrong, when set up correctly. Who makes the best dry kit? and what fuel upgrades (be specific) are required to shoot a 100 shot? Also, with the dry kit, is there any differences in the "requirements" of safety features? Take the NX Gen X2 kit for example, are all of those items still needed. Im not cheaping out with it, all i want is a 100% safe and efficient system, while still knowing its a push for the bottom end, im a big beliver in "its all in the tune"

and kilgore, ive seen that NOS direct port system 100 times today in your nitrous replies.. just tryin to save you some time.. haha :nice: (now lets see it again)

thanks stangnet! now help this poor stang get some power

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I would rather risk the intake, than the engine. You won't have to worry about pudding until after 150 anyway. When you use dry nitrous, you are relying on the MAF to pickup all the extra air, and I don't like that idea. This is why I recommend wet kits. Plus, with a dry kit, you would need larger fuel rails, injectors, and fuel pump. If you get the ford EFI kit by NX, you can shorten the fuel line and lengthen the fuel line. This reassures that the fuel gets to the cylinders before the nitrous (or at the same time) to prevent a lean spike. Nitrous travels faster than fuel, so this is why you want the shorter fuel line. You would also need a window switch, and fuel pressure regulator. After that, you should be ready to spray.