Long Neck Gt40 Tubular??

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
found this intake local for next to nothing. Original plan was to clean it up and use it. Once I got to mess with it I found body filler covering a weld. It's been extended to be the same length as a cobra intake. So it'll get cleaned up and sold. But what do you guys guess the point of extending it was? The car ran that it came off of, made decent power allegedly . Would still be running if it wasn't for a car fire.

Attachments

• IMG_2608.JPG
    IMG_2608.JPG
    631.9 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    490 KB · Views: 221
  • Sponsors (?)

Isn't all the linkage on the throttle body?

I'll have to look at it more to say for sure. I got it after work and didn't take much time to detail it.

This is the car it came off of. Some 19 year old had it till it caught fire from connecting something backwards

Attachments

• IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 195
At least it was cheap. I'll toss it on Craigslist and it'll go away. I figure worst case is I cut out the extension and weld it back. Not ideal but if that's what it comes to.

Bill... I believe that it's aluminum, I "think" I recall reading that it is aluminum however, the only corroberation that I can find only mentions that the Cobra intake is a "cast version" of the GT40 Tubular.

I'll holler if you don't find a better answer. If aluminum, it would need to be TIG welded by someone that knows aluminum.

It's aluminum, and yeah looks like they extended it to run an SN95 elbow. Don't know why because they could have done a fox TB conversion or installed the elbow as it was. I'm guessing no provision for a fox TB.

Edit: what's the part number on that intake? I bet it's a marine GT40 upper.

I've decided to just wire wheel it clean, fix the paint the best I can and move it down the line.

This was after a wire wheel and coat of primer. I listed it dirt cheap locally . I'll make back the cash but will loose out on all the driving I did to get it. I'm sure someone will be happy with it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    630.4 KB · Views: 258
Reactions: 1 user
Didn't get a chance to pull the cover. Paid $100 and sold it for $200. Made a little. Local guy with a sn95 got it. Showed him the weird parts and he was fine with it. Kinda sucks, but oh well. I gotta car to paint. Maybe the next one will work out.

Reactions: 1 user
It's aluminum, and yeah looks like they extended it to run an SN95 elbow. Don't know why because they could have done a fox TB conversion or installed the elbow as it was. I'm guessing no provision for a fox TB.

Edit: what's the part number on that intake? I bet it's a marine GT40 upper.

Did they do tubular marine intakes? The ones I've seen were cast.