long tube headers

• Sponsors (?)

Do you think 2.5 collector is sufice or is the 3 in needed?

Do you Prefer BBk, MAC.

And since I going to be buying these is the ceramic coating worth the extra $$$$ or would you rather spend the extra cash on a prochamber midpipe and 3 ind collectors

will the 3" midpipe match up to my 2.5 mufflers

thanks I have plenty f things on the car i should have done differently I dont want the headers to be one of them

BTW i am looking for 87-93 headers since i dont use my EGR.

Do you think 2.5 collector is sufice or is the 3 in needed?

Do you Prefer BBk, MAC.

And since I going to be buying these is the ceramic coating worth the extra $$$$ or would you rather spend the extra cash on a prochamber midpipe and 3 ind collectors

will the 3" midpipe match up to my 2.5 mufflers

thanks I have plenty f things on the car i should have done differently I dont want the headers to be one of them

BTW i am looking for 87-93 headers since i dont use my EGR.

BBK is what I prefer. They come with a 3.0" collector and ceramic coating is well worth it to me.

The 3.0" mid-pipe will match up to your 2.5" mufflers, as long as it has the typical ball/socket set-up.

A 3" mid pipe will not bolt up to a 2.5" muffler. Only want to do that w/o fabbing anything up is to buy a 3"x2.5" dr gas x pipe. I prefer bbk over mac, bbk has the better 1pc flange. You can grind open the collector at the end where it necks to 2.37".

A 3" mid pipe will not bolt up to a 2.5" muffler. Only want to do that w/o fabbing anything up is to buy a 3"x2.5" dr gas x pipe. I prefer bbk over mac, bbk has the better 1pc flange. You can grind open the collector at the end where it necks to 2.37".

my mac 3" prochamber came with reducer cones that slide into the h pipe so one can run a 2.5 catback, which is what i do. 1 3/4 headers, 3" prochamber and 2.5" flowmaster catback.

Moved back to tech where it belongs as it has proven to be a technical thread.

SQEEZE&STROKE- did you have to do any modifications at all to your bassani's? I've always heard that the passenger side header is the same between fox and 94-95's, but it was the driver-side header that was different due to the clutch fork location. Maybe switiching to a TKO, 3550, etc fixes the header clearance issues since a fox bell is used???

I want to find a cheap used set of 1-3/4 headers in the worst way for my car for this year as I want to see 400rwhp NA this year. If I didn't have a turbo kit already for the car I'd buy a GOOD set of headers for it.

Well I have found a set of MAC 1 3/4 with 2.5 collector, ceramic coated for $399. and $155 for the matching H-pipe. To go any bigger would cause me to spend an extra 200 bucks.

I think this will match up weel with my 2.5 American thunder Flowmasters. Since even if I got a 3 inch collector it would bottle neck to 2.5. and since I really like my Flows and unless the crap out I wont be changing them out.

I did find a Similar BBK setup for about the same price which one should I go with?

About the prochamber piece, yes a friend of mine did that as well.

What is the reason a 3.00" H-pipe will not bolt-on to a 2.50" Cat-back?

There is a 1/4" difference between sides. Either drill out the alignment holes, or do not bolt it up.

Any clarification on that. :shrug: