Longtube Headers Bringing Many Problems

onebad7up

Jun 21, 2004
Nashville
Has anyone installed Longtube headers because mine had to be cut into sections. Now that they are installed they are leaking and it doesn't sound as it should. I was just wondering if I have made a mistake by going with the longtube instead of the shortys.

• Sponsors (?)

re

I dont know the brand because I got them off of ebay. The tubes slide in and connect to the main section down by the cats. How are long tubes installed if they are not cut, because it was hard for them to fit even though we did cut them?

up from the bottom. sometimes you have to unbolt the motor mounts and lift the engine, but most people dont have to do that. were they long tubes that are black from ebay with them laying with the flanges touchin each other? if so, im glad i didnt get those

No they don't touch but they are black. I probably shouldn't have gotten these headers but I couldn't beat the price. They were $70, which included shipping. All of the long tube headers I saw were like $400, so if I need to do a little welding to seal em up it was well worth it. What kind of headers are you running?

I have a set of Flowtech longtube headers that use the same type of installation, all you have to do is go to the parts store and get a tube of the exhaust sealer. You smear a good bead around where the sections go together and it shouldn't leak... if it does leak it won't be as bad as if you didn't put the sealer on at least. I havn't noticed a leak on mine yet.

Don't weld them together though, you'll thank me if you ever have to take them off, which is likely.

What he said.. Probably Flowtech (Holley). Hopefully the exhaust sealer will work. They are too thin to weld. Should have gotten MAC or BBK.. I got my MACs on her for $120 shipped. Love em..

I just bought Mac longs with high temp coating. I also have a set of those Fawking POS headers. As soon as I saw them I realized they were junk. Nobody will buy them! Perhaps, I'll be one of the many unfortunate people selling them on back on Ebay! JUNK!