Look for another Mustang GT, questions.

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
Hello all. I have a itch for a new Mustang so I can leave my 87' Mustang GT in the garage. What I want is a 99' 04' GT 'Vert with a 5spd, but I will take an auto if the price it right, but it HAS to be a 'Vert. As usual I want a stock car like my Fox was when I bought it so that I can choose the mods but do not really plan to mod it much as I will leave the mods to my Fox. What is the stock HP and TQ number's on these cars and is anything I should be aware of when looking. Also, what rear-end options did these cars come with from the factory?

• Sponsors (?)

As others have said they will put down close to 230 rwhp. Must have mods are

3.73 or 4.10 Gears
Steeda Under drive pullies
Xcal 3 custom tune
Exhaust
Aluminum drive shaft
suspension

With the pullies, tune and exhaust your looking at 30+ more hp. The gears will make it seem like you have 50+ more rwhp. It will make for a very fun DD.

As others have said they will put down close to 230 rwhp. Must have mods are

3.73 or 4.10 Gears
Steeda Under drive pullies
Xcal 3 custom tune
Exhaust
Aluminum drive shaft
suspension

With the pullies, tune and exhaust your looking at 30+ more hp. The gears will make it seem like you have 50+ more rwhp. It will make for a very fun DD.

Thanks guy's. I am going tomorrow to look at a 02' 'Vert GT. Black on black leather interior but an auto. I am in a fight with my wife right now because having 2 Mustang GT's is gonna jack my insurance up a bit. I may have to sell my fox :shrug:

I have 2 other cars on my insurance and one is a Ranger pickup that my son will be driving in about 10 months so my insurance will be in the toilet for sure! My Fox is in decent shape, wonder what I could get out of it.

Keep the fox!! In 3-4 years when you get bored of the GT like I am, you'll sell it and be glad you kept the 5.0

I am all for keeping it for now but when my son turns 16 Allstate ins will auto add him as a driver I will get some pretty high rates for sure. I guess I will find out next Feb. Until then the Fox stays.