Look for the Rivet..

stussy2870

Apr 5, 2019
Butler
So over the weekend i decided to tackle my power locks. My problem was that neither of the power lock buttons worked. There wasn't any noise or anything happening when the switches were pressed in either door..

So... I used this fantastic resource which then linked me to yet another..

Needless to say, i start to rip my doors apart - starting with just the switch harness thing. I get those popped out of the door armrests and inspect.

- They look ok.. Moving on
- Pop the Power Lock switches out (LH and RH) inspect for corrosion.. they look a little nasty so i take a wire brush to them - get em nice and clean and retest the locks..- Nothing..
- Take apart the switches, clean the internal contacts (Wire brush and electrical parts cleaner) - Retest -- Nothing..
- Test the switches for "continuity".. They're good and allegedly working..
- Test the Hot wire for power - Good
- Put the switches back in the harness and test the Pink w/Stripes wires for power when pressing the buttons.. Works too...

So at this point i think i know this much:
Switches work, wiring is OK.. Must be the Actuators..But both?? and no noises at all???

-Open the door up , shine flashlight into the door and there it was.. or wasnt...

no actuators at all..

Previous owner putty'd the hole and painted right over it..

SMH..

Look for the Rivet...

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Kind of an update
- all of this is thanks to many others, on this forum and YouTube..

I successfully tackled the following today:
-Replaced both Window motors
-Removed, cleaned, lubed and reinstalled the bar that the window rides on (fresh bushings?? installed too!)
-Got both Actuators re-installed - and power locks working
-Replaced both door handles (one was broken)
-Corrected and secured loose, non-soldered wiring throughout both doors (Drivers power mirror wires were just cut... no reason why..)
-Installed LED's for the License Plate light :)

Not super impressive - I know.. but it was a lot of things that were just driving me nuts!!..

Onto the Interior dye next ..

Reactions: 2 users