Lookin to mod 2002 GT and need some answers

blubyu19

May 16, 2011
The car is Stock,mods i would like to do:

Pacesetter Long Tubes
ORH Pipe
Mac cat-back
Do i need the MIL eliminators, or the extensions Really? IDC about lights on!

Mac Cold Air Intake
75mm Throttle Body
Upper Plenum
Typhoon intake
Thermostat-------which is best for a DD 160/180????????????
4:10
New clutch kit
pro 5.0 short throw

Do i really need to get a tune?????????

Coil on plugs weapon x are these goin to help me out or a waste of my Money?????

Is there anything i should do or shouldnt do?Any help would be great!!

• Sponsors (?)

Don't get the typhoon manifold. Put the money toward a tuning programer like SCT, Diablo or Sniper. Buy it from a company that will give you a free tune with it and you should be good. Do this after all your mods are installed(they will ask for all your mods). They can even cut off your CEL light for no cats and recalibrate your speedometer for the gears in the tune, a big money saver.

You don't need a thermostat or COP's. But if you do get a new thermostat don't go lower than 180.

I'd recommend a JLT intake.

You will need the extensions for the headers as well as new gaskets. Make sure the gaskets have a metal in them. I went with Ford Racing which were affordable.

Pacesetter Long Tubes

Do i need the MIL eliminators, or the extensions Really? IDC about lights on!!

Pacesetters are the "bottom of the barrel" LT's and many people have had fitment and quality issues with them. I'd look into brands like MAC, BBK, SLP, or KOOKS.

You don't need MILs if you dont care about the SES light or passing inspection. I didn't use them with my car but I have a SCT tuner so I am about to clear codes and turn lights off.

Mac Cold Air Intake

Typhoon intake

MAC makes top-notch exhaust products but their CAI's are garbage. I had one on my car and hated it. JLT makes propably the best CAI and the price is not far off of the MAC unit. If my car hadn't had the K&N CAI when I bought it then I would have definitely picked up a JLT.

The typhoon intake has been discussed and researched A LOT. Basically it's a waste. Unless you've got aftermarket heads and cams, the intake does absolutely nothing. In fact, there were a few people that claimed that adding the typhoon intake on their stock heads/cams car actually hurt their performance.

Coil on plugs weapon x are these goin to help me out or a waste of my Money?????QUOTE]

Waste of money. Do not mess with or replace your COP's unless theres a problem with them.

Everything else on your list looks great.

The car is Stock,mods i would like to do:

Pacesetter Long Tubes
ORH Pipe
Mac cat-back
Do i need the MIL eliminators, or the extensions Really? IDC about lights on!

Mac Cold Air Intake
75mm Throttle Body
Upper Plenum
Typhoon intake
Thermostat-------which is best for a DD 160/180????????????
4:10
New clutch kit
pro 5.0 short throw

Do i really need to get a tune?????????

Coil on plugs weapon x are these goin to help me out or a waste of my Money?????

Is there anything i should do or shouldnt do?Any help would be great!!

I guess you don't NEED a tune, but you'd get good gains with a tuner and those mods! Plus you could hang onto the tuner and request free tunes as you upgrade the car. Win-win.

1994-2011 4.6L 5.0L Ford Mustang SCT XCalibrator X3 SF3 Hand Held Tuner - Free Tunes for Life - UPR Products