Roush Looking at buying a 2004 Mustang Saleen

sthpole99

Oct 10, 2006
I am new to this site, so please bear with me. I found a black 2004 Saleen convertible on Ebay(link doesn't work anymore). The guy is selling it for $6800 because he is getting married and leaving the country. The car is currently in South Carolina and I am not so it would be shipped to me, which is included in the price. Obviously he needs to get rid of the car, which is why it is at what I think a cheap price, he has already from what he says sold his house and other things. He says it only has 18,550 miles on it. I guess what I am looking for is advice on what and how I should handle this. I have wanted a Saleen for quit some time now and this is probably the only way I am going to get one. I've emailed this guy back about wanting to hire a mechanic of my choice to look the car over and test drive it and make sure it is a legitimate deal. Is there anything else you can think of that I should do or ask. He says it has a clear title and mechanically in good shape. I know I have a lot to do to make sure I am not getting screwed over, and any help you can provide me with will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advace a hopefull Saleen owner,
Nathan
2.jpg

8.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Sponsors (?)

I hope its not a scam, I do know it sounds to good to be true. I'm waiting for an email from him to see about the mechanic checking everything out. Once I hear from him again, I will try to get a VIN and bumper number. I will keep everybody posted on what is going on. I am not going to part with any money without getting confirmation from as many sources as possible this is a legit/good deal.

marcus95 said:
I bet the guy is asking you to send him a $2,000 deposit by Western Union.

Don't do it. It's a total scam. That car if real is worth 32-38k easy.

+1
TOTAL SCAM. You're about to get screwed out of $2000...

If you're STILL convinced it's real, take your $6800, buy a plane ticket, and go get the car IN PERSON. Bet the seller gets cold feet REAL fast!

I have a VIN now, but still no bumper #. I've tried a carfax and I even called a saleen dealer, but as i've found out without the bumper number nothing is going to help at this point. Would anybody be able to do anything with just a VIN?

At this point I'd stop wasting my time. The bumper number is easier for them to provide to you than the VIN. If they didn't provide the bumper number at the same time you requested the VIN (coupled with that stupid low price others have pointed out) then you can be sure it is a scam.

Come on now. You cant really think that you could get that car for $6800? A huge hit would be selling it for $20K. Fake or not, you couldnt even get a 04 GT with all the mods like that to look like a saleen for that price of $6800.