looking for a 67 68 fastback roller

DarkoStoj

Founding Member
Sep 4, 2002
Detroit
i dont know if this is allowed here, but I am looking for a 67 or 68 fastback. I dont care what kind of shape everything is in as long as the body is COMPLETELY rust free and it rolls, thats all I ask. And also closer to MI is preffered

• Sponsors (?)

wtf is going on? I just checked prices and they are insane! fthis people are wanting too much $ for these things. I'll stick to my coupe and try to keep my sorry FB wanting ass happy

Just to let you know how desperate things are in the fastback market, a local shop is looking for one for a customer who wants a Shelby clone. The owner of the shop has been looking high and low for one with no luck, and owned a decent one a few months ago that he sold. To make a long story short, the shop owner paid $7,000 for an ok, rust free driver. A little rough around the edges, but a good start. His business has hept him very busy and he sold the car a couple months later for $8,000 without touching it. He was feeling all warm and fuzzy for pocketing a cool grand for doing nothing to the car, but now he needs one for the customer and calls the new owner, who also has done nothing to the car. The guy says that yes, the car is for sale and he wants $16,000! The shop owner offers him $13,500 and is currently hoping the guy gives in and takes it, since he's looked everywhere for months and came up dry. And to think I felt I got hosed by paying $7,200 for a rust-free, low mileage, one-owner fastback a couple years ago!

zookeeper said:
And to think I felt I got hosed by paying $7,200 for a rust-free, low mileage, one-owner fastback a couple years ago!

My college buddy (from long ago in a galaxy far far away...) still has the blue S-code GT FB of mine. He has put a lot of money into the restore but was just offered $25K (cash) for it. He did not sell! You can see that car at http://www.1967mustang.com if you are curious. He has decided to sell his GTA coupe though, I just put this together for him

http://www.edbert.net/GTA4Sale.htm
(PS. Snail50, this is the one we were talking about)