Looking for a good 12V switched source

jbw072287

Apr 25, 2010
I am installing a gage pillar and was wondering where the best spot to tap for a switched power source is. Also, will the check engine light come on from removing the stock trans temp gage?

• Sponsors (?)

I got my fused 12V and 12V switched power from the auto trans power plug in the center console. This worked for because I have a manual. I am assuming that you have an auto? Why would you want to remove your trans temp?

No its a manual. Where is exactly is that plug, and what color are the wires. I have the same year GT. I am taking out the stock trans temp sensor to put it one for the gage on the pillar

No its a manual. Where is exactly is that plug, and what color are the wires. I have the same year GT. I am taking out the stock trans temp sensor to put it one for the gage on the pillar

Okay, I have not been able to find the pics but I do have the wire colors. The plug you are looking for is under the shifter boot. It is plug 307 used for the auto transmission shifter. The wires are as follows:

The 12V switched power is on fuse F39 (15A), color is VT-WH
The panel illum is from SJB and fuse F44 (10A), color is LB-Rd
The ground, color is BK

why not run a clean power wire from the fusebox? There re several un-used circuits wired to acc/ignition.
This took me all of 5 minutes.
Because this is a manual car, there is nothing else on the circuit. It also has the panel illum wire there. This was just an easy spot to get all three wires: ground, switch 12v, and panel illum. You can even get the female plug end from the dealership for about $20, if you do not want to cut the wires.