Looking for a SN95 car. How does this price sound?

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
I have manged to save up some cash to get another Mustang. Right now I own a Fox 5.0 and really wanted to get a SN powered with a 4.6 for a DD and I really want a convertible since I never had one. I plan to keep what ever I buy stock and concentrate on keeping the Fox fast instead. What I found this weekend I really like, its a 95' 5spd GT 'Vert with the 5.0L. The car is 100% bone stock, even exhaust. I found ONE tiny ding in the back quarter. A/C compressor is new and a new radiator. The leather seat look like thay have been sat in for normal use but there are no tears and the carpet looks new. The only bad thing is the miles, 140k. The book value in exc shape is 3900.00. the owner wants 5000.00 for it.

• Sponsors (?)

I have manged to save up some cash to get another Mustang. Right now I own a Fox 5.0 and really wanted to get a SN powered with a 4.6 for a DD and I really want a convertible since I never had one. I plan to keep what ever I buy stock and concentrate on keeping the Fox fast instead. What I found this weekend I really like, its a 95' 5spd GT 'Vert with the 5.0L. The car is 100% bone stock, even exhaust. I found ONE tiny ding in the back quarter. A/C compressor is new and a new radiator. The leather seat look like thay have been sat in for normal use but there are no tears and the carpet looks new. The only bad thing is the miles, 140k. The book value in exc shape is 3900.00. the owner wants 5000.00 for it.

Personally I would pass, get your money together and keep looking for a deal..they are out there..see Paul's thread..he picked up a Cobra that is pretty clean for under the asking price of that one...I purchased a 95 over the summer from a dealer none the less with 86 K on it, immaculate interior with a few dings for $5500.00 out the door tax and title......I think you can find a better deal if you don't mind taking the time to look....you have a car already so the balls in your court so far as not needing one right away....

Pass on it as its too high, I just picked up a '94 Cobra that is 100% stock with 154K on it for less than that. I wouldn't pay over $3500-$4K for a that car... of course I say this without seeing it.

ill pass on it.

there is a guy in corral selling a single turbo 95 gt vert for 5500 ,all it needs is a tune.You should look it to that.

Ok, well that was what I was asking for. I have been looking pretty hard for months now and now that I have the cash I cant seem to find a car that in good shape. It seems everyone that is selling gets offended when you offer less than thier asking price. Owning the car(s) that I do, I can only put myself in their shoes to know how they may feel. I want a stock car, hard to find I know but they are out there.

Ok, well that was what I was asking for. I have been looking pretty hard for months now and now that I have the cash I cant seem to find a car that in good shape. It seems everyone that is selling gets offended when you offer less than thier asking price. Owning the car(s) that I do, I can only put myself in their shoes to know how they may feel. I want a stock car, hard to find I know but they are out there.

Where are you located and how far do you want to go....there is a 3K one in Sandusky on Craigslist that was a Florida car then moved here....if your not too far I can help you look as I am always looking at cars for sale......to my wife's dismay...lol