Looking for Car and Driver Story - early 80's?

Hello All,
I'm hoping perhaps someone on this forum can help me locate something. It was a story in either Car and Driver or Road and Track about a Mustang set up for high speed running. It would have been either 1981, 1982 or 1983. I'm going off of a very rusty memory but I believe the Mustang was a 66 or 67. It was set up with aircraft landing lights, a Doug Nash 5 speed (I think) a radar jammer, and special radar absorbing material under the hood. The article highlighted the car and it's owner and told the story of the owner blasting through the Utah night at 150 MPH while the frustrated Utah State Trooper tried to get his K-Car patrol vehicle up to speed to give chase. It was a great article but for the life of me I can't remember anything else about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do any of you guys remember the article? Thanks. - Tom

• Sponsors (?)

Mystery solved! Thanks again for your help, it was Popular Hot Rodding January 1983. Man, I've been searching for that article for years. The name of the article was "Firefox of the Freeway". Thanks again. - Tom

Reactions: 1 user