Looking for hood pins that won't rust...

Guamie

Dec 9, 2004
I just bought the exact sytec hood pins used on the Ford Racing 5.0L 2005 that's been kicking a$$ in the Grand Am Cup. However, my co-workers said that the metal used will rust too easy and that I should get a show-quality pin that has a more rust resistant metal or surface. Does anybody have info on quality hood pins? I just want silver/polished ones that look just like those on the two Ford Racing mustangs. Thanks so much! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

mine are genuine Ford Racing pins and after 2 months and countless uses not a spot of corrosion...
mypins2.jpg

Attachments

• mypins2.jpg
    mypins2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 153
another bonehead question...

As far as the rust concern, would stainless steel be more resistant to rusting? I don't know the metal type of the hood pins I purchased, but some friends just said the type of metal on these pins are prone to rust (I'm not sure what metal alloy it is, it's just polished silver). Someone once said stainless steel will resist rusting for quite a long time. true? :shrug:

I purchased the Ford Racing hood pins from Pro Street for my ' 03 GT and have not encountered any rust problems. They were pricey, $43, but they're stainless steel, heavy duty and the kit included the plastic coated lanyards, so you get what you pay for. I did have to make a vinyl gasket for under the scuff plate since the scuff plate hole was a little too large, but they look great.

05canuck said:
Has anyone seen any "Black chrome" ones? I have a satin stang and the chrome ones just don't look right IMO

I'm asked that (for black chrome) a few times on other boards...maybe here too. I have the FRPP pins but I was looking to send them somewhere to get black chromed...just haven't found a business that does it yet. Anyone have any leads?