looking to buy my new project, need help on what to look for

l00kinforstang

Nov 27, 2004
ok guys, im currently back in the market for a stang, probably gonna be a 65/66 but i may go for the right 67 as well. anyways my last one was a highschool beater and i didnt care about matched #'s and what not, but now that i have the money to do it right i need to know what to look for. i need some advise first of all on how to confirm that all #'s on the car match, and also i hate fixing rust(im sure everyone does) so i need to know the hotspots to check. obviously the floor board, trunk floor and surface spots. where are some of the hidden spots to look that arent as obvious to the eyes first look. any help would be great, and if anyone has a lead on a project for sale in norcal then drop me a pm. thanks, wes

• Sponsors (?)

Paul619 said:
btw google guy doesnt go away unless you pay for this site

What google thing? I don't pay and don't see anything. I don't run a pop-up blocker. Maybe my firewall has something to do with it.

Anyway, "The Mustang Red Book" has all the info you'll need to decipher VIN and tag codes.

l00kinforstang said:
btw is there a way to kill that google thing, kinda bothersome.

scroll to the very bottom of this page, youll see a drop down menu that says either 'bluemoon' '05 mustang' 'darkmoon' switch to a different one and the guy will go away in one format but leave the links and in the other format the whole post will go away...

-gbm-