looking to buy s/c and suspension?

Badzki01

Apr 23, 2011
I'm new to the site and I enjoy my 2002 mustang gt. My current mods are headers to exhaust, 3.73, sf3, and udp. Anyways, this is my first time having a supercharger and I've been searching, looking, and I know I want to buy a 2.1L KB S/C nonintercool with a few suspension set-up. This is my plan and hopefully enjoy my car for the first time. I have $5k to $5,500 to spend and hoping to get a few inputs from you guys? thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Since you only have 5k to spend. I am guessing you are going the used route? What are your goals for the car? DD, Street, strip, both???? First things first. Make sure the car has been tuned up recently. Purchase and weld in full length subframe connectors. Secondly purchase a good set of rear tire. Since you only have 5k to spend maybe you should think about purchasing a vortec v3 unit. It wont have that instant torque like the kb, but it will have a nice mid to higher range power band.

Since you only have 5k to spend. I am guessing you are going the used route? What are your goals for the car? DD, Street, strip, both???? First things first. Make sure the car has been tuned up recently. Purchase and weld in full length subframe connectors. Secondly purchase a good set of rear tire. Since you only have 5k to spend maybe you should think about purchasing a vortec v3 unit. It wont have that instant torque like the kb, but it will have a nice mid to higher range power band.

It's for street DD and KB can give me that instant power. I don't want to push my engine to mid and high rpm all the time because it's DD. Also my car has 75k miles. Tune up is not a problem because I try to stay in top of my car. Tire and tune up are on a different budget.

I assume you mean long tubes when you say 'headers', big question is who will be installing the sc and all the other components you will need for it. It does come with a boost a pump but a focus or cobra tank & pump would be good as well, you will also need larger injectors as well. A dyno tune will be a must as well. If you are doing the install on everything yourself I think your budget will fit just right for a new one.

I assume you mean long tubes when you say 'headers', big question is who will be installing the sc and all the other components you will need for it. It does come with a boost a pump but a focus or cobra tank & pump would be good as well, you will also need larger injectors as well. A dyno tune will be a must as well. If you are doing the install on everything yourself I think your budget will fit just right for a new one.

It's shorty headers. I have a friend will install the KB and he just recently installed one in his 03 cobra. I think the KB kit comes with everything including fuel management and a bap according to him? Is UCA's and LCA's recommended after the KB intillation?

It's shorty headers. I have a friend will install the KB and he just recently installed one in his 03 cobra. I think the KB kit comes with everything including fuel management and a bap according to him? Is UCA's and LCA's recommended after the KB intillation?

My mistake, I didn't know they came with injectors, I was thinking that would be a piece you would still need. I'm surprised people who have s/c setups haven't chimed in or more than have so far. I would think that the boost-a-pump is ok, but not as good as a focus or even the cobra fuel setup would be. Just a good idea to have more than necessary and not run out of fuel if you are pushing it hard.

get a focus pump, very easy to install. my dad and i installed mine(when i had it installed) in like 30 min. including dropping the tank. that and 42lb injectors or whatever KB adds in there kit should work. make sure you get a good tune too. and if you go over 400 rwhp, you might want a new clutch. tune/fuel mods are whats needed to run your car safely.