Looking to order some LCA's...recommendations

DJsZincGT

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2002
WV
I'm looking to order a set of aftermarket LCA's for my car. It's mainly a street driven car/show car, but it may see a few runs down the strip occassionally. Any suggestions on which ones to get would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I wouldn't advise any high dollar ones (unless you're just rolling in $$$$)....

The X2C Boxer C/A's are pretty good, especially for the price. On E-bay there is a company that sells C/A's, that look to be alot like Steeda's (only more affordably ;)).

Then there are always the Summit, Jegs, and BBK C/A's, but they're a lil more $$$.

-Will

be careful about getting cheap ones because you need to make sure you don't have any suspension bind...

I am partial to Steeda...their Aluminum Weight Jacker LCAs are just about the best on the market for my money, but their standard Aluminum LCAs are probably perfect for your application.

Money isn't an issue. I don't like putting cheap products on my car. If I can't afford something I don't compromise by buying something similar. I generally will hold off until I can afford what I want. I have looked at the Steeda LCA's and had considered them. I've heard good things about them. Any other companies out there I should look at before making a purchase?

UPR, Tubular, Chromoly UCA/LCA's!

econo_rear_sus_LRG.gif

I have steeda lowers and they made a huge difference, its been a year and no squeeks and car rides great. I just received there uppers today and installing this weekend...Dont do what i did...get uppers and lowers and do them the same time.Unless you dnt wanna send the $$ now...If your into corner carving get the uppers first...straight line get the lowers first or get both and have the best of both. Just my .02

I have the metco's being installed right now because I have plans for a "little" HP addition that will require the reliability of Metco's. If you are planning on staying N/A or not going crazy with the RWHP then you could use just about any LCA and be safe. I know one acquaintance that used the Steeda adjustable LCA on a 650+HP car and it failed the first day at the track... Sure was a pretty piece though...

For the record, it was the bushing that failed, not the metal part of the arm...

DJsZincGT said:
Money isn't an issue. I don't like putting cheap products on my car. If I can't afford something I don't compromise by buying something similar. I generally will hold off until I can afford what I want. I have looked at the Steeda LCA's and had considered them. I've heard good things about them. Any other companies out there I should look at before making a purchase?
Yeah! Finally someone who won't settle for crap! I applaude you!!!
The Steeda products are awesome - well engineered. Cheap POS LCAs will bind, squeak, and give you all sorts of trouble - who needs this?