Looks like cruising weather is here!

2nd Mustang

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2002
Southern California
Went for a drive the other day and ended up at the NHRA museum. :nice:

4-15-09005.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

It's official, I'm jealous. The only time I was at the NHRA museum was a few years ago, we went to D-land and I rented a car and trekked out to Pomona just for that museum. I also learned that it may be wise to check online and see when it's open, since I was there on Wednesday. Apparently thye thought it would be poinltess to have it open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Poop. Anyway, love your car, looks outstanding! Did you happen to see the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach, Fla auction a couple weeks ago? heir "expert" Steve Magnante was standing next to a '68 GT500 which had the same wheels you and I have and said," these are '68-only wheels, they won't fit a '67 or earlier because they'll hit the ball joints". That's news to me and evidence you can't believe everything you hear.

I bought this car as a turn key setup seven years ago. Except for usual wear and tear items, it has been reliable as he!!. I don't know about the authenticity of the wheels as they are not in the best of shape physically.

If you are able to venture to the museum soon, they have a new display of a John Force Mustang funny car with the side of the cockpit cut out which enables you to sit in the driver's seat and watch a run on a video screen from the driver's point of view. Really cool.

View attachment 261467

i think it's because the original 68 shelby 10 spokes had a slightly different backspacing that when combined with the 67 style disc brakes would make the wheels touch the ball joints. this is only a WAG on my part but i do seem to recall something about original 10 spoke wheels not working on the 67 cars. then again he could be referring to the 66 style 10 spokes too which are actually a 14" wheel, this actually makes more sense to me but again just a WAG.