Loose Harness Plug At Trunk Latch

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
I have a connector that has lost its home near the trunk latch. Two wire connector, one black and one red with blue stripe. Where does this connection belong?

The tag lights are working, the trunk light with mercury switch is working. There’s a trunk release solenoid that’s not currently working but it’s wires appear to be connected.

ADD78CAB-10DA-473B-ADC8-7EB9042C46C0.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, trunk release works too. I discovered you need the key on or in acc for it to work.

Still don’t know where the disconnected plug goes.

Tag lights work. It’s a convertible. Did some prior owner change the trunk lid? Where would the third brake light be on a convertible?

EB187024-74CD-4E7F-80DB-E047E661A3C4.jpeg

My 92 vert was just above the trunk lock under the spoiler. Put a test light on it and hit the brakes, bet it works.

I’m positive you are correct. Thanks. Someone must have removed the light and filled the holes before repainting. I’ll have a closer look to see if I can tell.

They swapped a deck lid on from a notch. They painted the underside too but there was an oily spot I could see a tinge of blue. I rubbed it with a rag and sure enough, looks like Bimini Blue. The car is originally Electric Red just as it is now. The VIN codes that. Thanks for the help in discovering yet another mystery on this car.

041DB56D-C6C0-46CE-982E-82069ABB9C8D.jpeg