Loud Hum/fog Horn Sounds

97gtstang01

Sep 13, 2015
So got the new stang and am having a loud fog horn sounds coming from my cold air intake. Its random not all the time? ?? Any ideas? When this happens my rpm goes up then back down.

Sent while thinking of new mods for my 96 TC, using Tapatalk.

• Sponsors (?)

So this car has an after market cold air kit right? Is it also possible that the square box in the IAC bypass line has been removed?

FWIIW, that square box is a silencer for the IAC.

My guess is that you are hearing the air passing through the IAC bypass line. The open cold air kit is making it easier to hear the noise.

So this car has an after market cold air kit right? Is it also possible that the square box in the IAC bypass line has been removed?

FWIIW, that square box is a silencer for the IAC.

My guess is that you are hearing the air passing through the IAC bypass line. The open cold air kit is making it easier to hear the noise.
It still has
a703a52188d58ff0d6793ece2cca4353.jpg
the box on the iac bypass hose. And yes it has aftermarket cold air intake.

Check to make sure the bolts at the flange of the MAF to the bent tube running into the fenderwell are tight. Is there a gasket at that junction? If not, find or make one from some thin neoprene sheet.

The sound you're hearing could be caused by air passing past a "crack" in this or some other junction making a sound in the same way a flute does.

Reactions: 1 user
Check to make sure the bolts at the flange of the MAF to the bent tube running into the fenderwell are tight. Is there a gasket at that junction? If not, find or make one from some thin neoprene sheet.

The sound you're hearing could be caused by air passing past a "crack" in this or some other junction making a sound in the same way a flute does.
It's has a gasket and ill double check to make sure they're all tight. I cleaned the maf and temp sensors today and put different coil packs on. It did good until I pulled in the driveway. Gonna change filter also