Loudest exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

ECU5.0 said:
ive got an x pipe with one chamber flows and it sounds really good and is plenty loud

yea but arent one chambers the racing mufflers?? i have heard of ppl gettin in trouble with cops for having one chamber mufflers b/c they "violate the sound ordinance" i dont see why they have sound laws for the mufflers when those harley davidsons are loud as hell

1985 5.0 said:
yea but arent one chambers the racing mufflers?? i have heard of ppl gettin in trouble with cops for having one chamber mufflers b/c they "violate the sound ordinance" i dont see why they have sound laws for the mufflers when those harley davidsons are loud as hell

i dont know where polkville is but in greenville i have no problem with cops and most just wave as i drive by. yes, i do try to keep it to a dull roar when i drive by them but ive never had a problem.

1985 5.0 said:
think there are a couple of reasons why.

1. There are generally less bikes on the road
2. Bikes like a Harley are more often than not a play thing rather than every day transport - hence they spend less time on the road covering fewer miles
3. Harley's are excempt from some of the regulations, as a rule bikes and cars have to conform to different standards as mentioned above, but Harley I beleive has some 'special' regulations just for them no other bike manufactures has, the reason is due to the massive Japanese takeover of the bike world Harley remained the only main stream production American bike so the government has rather more slack rules and regs for noise and emmissions for Harley Davidson. This allowed them to keep the V twin in production.

300bhp/ton said:
think there are a couple of reasons why.

1. There are generally less bikes on the road
2. Bikes like a Harley are more often than not a play thing rather than every day transport - hence they spend less time on the road covering fewer miles
3. Harley's are excempt from some of the regulations, as a rule bikes and cars have to conform to different standards as mentioned above, but Harley I beleive has some 'special' regulations just for them no other bike manufactures has, the reason is due to the massive Japanese takeover of the bike world Harley remained the only main stream production American bike so the government has rather more slack rules and regs for noise and emmissions for Harley Davidson. This allowed them to keep the V twin in production.
oh just stick up for the old toothless men of the mid west on their bike's they have no right being that loud if we cant oh las time i checked i have 2 stangs that sit all the time why cant they be as loud as chester on his harley??? my cars sit more then his bike ....

cheddarbacon said:
oh just stick up for the old toothless men of the mid west on their bike's they have no right being that loud if we cant oh las time i checked i have 2 stangs that sit all the time why cant they be as loud as chester on his harley??? my cars sit more then his bike ....
not sticking up for anyone, as I don't even live in the US.

And I'm sure many of the Harleys are too loud, but just because your cars sit more doesn't mean they all do, if you don't beleive me try counting the number of bikes you see on the road on the way to work in the morning compared to the number of cars.

Whatever headers you want, no cats, MAC ProChamber with dumps or out the back should be pretty damn loud and work well. I wouldn't go larger than 2.5 on your piping unless you are boosted.