Lower intake is leaking!!

The only hole other than the one for holding the intake rubber seal I know is a dummy area cast in the block like where the oil pressure switch's used to go. It serves no purpose. I use the red tacky gasket holding material for gaskets, I use RTV on the corners in 4 locations where the intake meets the heads, along with the blue rubber end pieces that come with the gasket. Do not waste your money on ARP for an intake. Serves no purpose but for cosmetics in this location. Do not buy the cheap chrome intake bolts from the local parts store for a SBF intake AKA Mr Gasket ones. They strip and break at 22 ft lbs. VERY CHEAP. Just use originals or buy some Grade 5 or 8 strength from Lowes or Home Depot. Use the white Teflon bolt sealant with the brush on all these items. It serves not only to allow for more precise toque readings, but for sealing as well. I use this stuff on everything.

• Sponsors (?)

when I did mine I used felpro 1262 and the stock bolts with just a dab of the gray gm assembly rtv on the edges of the valley gaskets and did it like it says in the book in the proper torque sequence in the proper torque steps 96 inch pounds and then up from there and only had to do it once and havent had a problem yet with it. The blue rubber ones that where there originally where a POS anyway because they where leaking a bit of oil from the back of the valley. These have been great (they are cork)