Lowering 2006 GT with Eibach Sportlines, 2 questions.

Mustanglvr2006

Mar 31, 2010
Somewhere
I am going to lower my 2006 GT with the Eibach Sportline Springs and I have learned that I will need an adjustable panhard rod. I was told by a member here that I wouldnt need to get relocation bracket(s) if I wasnt lowering it so much, BUT, being that I am going with the Sportlines and that they are going to lower the rear by 2 inches I will need to get the relocation bracket(s) to get it back to the correct geometry.

What I am unsure about is, do I need two relocation brackets or just one? And what is the best way to make sure after installing the panhard rod and the bracket(s) that the rear end is perfectly centered?

I greatly appreciate any help and Thank you in advance for your time.

• Sponsors (?)

I am not sure about the Sport Lines???

I Just did mine with the Ground Force Kit, I installed the Camber Kit that came with the Ground Force Springs in the Front the Alignment Came right in the car Looks Great, Handles Better and the ride is good

I just looked up the Ground Force kit and it looks like a really nice setup, the only thing is, the Ground Force lowers the car 1.3 in the front and 1.4 in the back and I want to go more like 1.6 in the front and more like 2.0 in the back.

So far all I have been able to find is the Sportlines from Eibach that will do exactly that. I would love to find a complete package kit for this, springs, bump stops, panhard rod, relocation bracket(s) and an alignment cam.

Thanks for your reply.

Check out BMR Fabrication. I recently was looking at their website and they offer a complete kit. They also have a video of the install and before and after shots. Also, Maximum Motorsports has a great rep and you can email them questions through their website. I too am researching so unfortunately I have no experience or advise to offer other than this.

Thank you all for your replies :nice: I greatly appreciate that. I was unaware that I would need an adjustable upper arm to correct the pinion angle as well. What I thought was going to be a $229 project, has turned into over a $600 project, these are the times when I wish I was rich LOL.

Yesterday I ordered the first mod for my 2006 GT, I decided to get the SCT, SF3 Power Flash Tuner from American Muscle, it comes with 3 tunes preloaded, BUT, I had them make a change to the 93 octane tune that it comes with, I wanted the throttle response that the stock GT comes with (lazy and unresponsive) to be more like a "drive by wire" response. I also had them set me up with a 93 octane tune set up for 410 gears which I'll be ordering in 2 weeks with the same tune for the throttle as well as correcting the speedo and the shift points and quicker shifts as well, and whats cool is I have free tunes for life, so when I do the Bassani catted X pipe and Bassani axle backs, I just call them and they will set me up with a tune for that as well, after that I will do the C&L CAI and will have them tune for that as well. I figure after that I will then lower the car, as much as I want to remove my GT from the 4+4 look, I really want the power adders first :lol:

I really cant wait to get the 93 octane tune and the 410s tho, from what research I have done, I hear this will totally change the performance of this car :D