• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Lowering a 94 gt

  • Thread starter Thread starter 8mycsh
  • Start date Start date Aug 14, 2004
8

8mycsh

New Member
Aug 6, 2004
66
0
0
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Aug 14, 2004
#1
  • Aug 14, 2004
  • #1
Just wanted to get some opions on lowering, how low should I go? I bought the 94 lowered 2 inches. But the car is lowered unevenly it seems. The passanger side is lower then the driver side by about 1/2 inch and the rear passenger side is 3/4 inch lower the rest of the car....time to replace the suspension.

Need some input from people who have lowered their cars please. Can anyone recommend a good suspension kit (springs, shocks, struts etc)

Thanks
 

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
6,659
1
0
Portland, Oregon
Aug 14, 2004
#2
  • Aug 14, 2004
  • #2
It's all a matter of 1) preference, and 2) money.

If money were no consideration, I'd get H&R race springs for the rear, MM coil-overs for the front, and Bilstein shocks & struts.

Cheaper would be to skip the coil-overs and go with H&R's on the front too.

Cheapest would be the Ford Bullitt kit, which includes C-springs and Tokico shocks/struts. Not as much lowering as other aftermarket options.

Dave
 
8

8mycsh

New Member
Aug 6, 2004
66
0
0
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Aug 14, 2004
#3
  • Aug 14, 2004
  • #3
As far as preference I am not really sure what I want, so any recommendations are welcome.
 
M

mustangmatt685

New Member
Apr 25, 2004
144
1
0
San Diego
Aug 15, 2004
#4
  • Aug 15, 2004
  • #4
well, I love my saleen suspension, if you want to see pics of the stance it has, heres my site http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangmatt685 Page 3 has some good pics of the stance. It handles SO well, with some nice tires and this suspension ull be lovin life. I got the full kit with bushings and shocks and struts, caster/camber plates and all, its not too low, so i can push it, but low enough where you acn tell the stance was changed. PM me if you have any questions.
 

Car Nut

Founding Member
Jul 6, 2000
1,176
1
37
Snellville, Georgia (Atlanta area)
Aug 15, 2004
#5
  • Aug 15, 2004
  • #5
I just had my suspension redone over the past week. As mentioned above, I can say that this combo handles way better than stock and is fine for daily driving:

H&R Race Springs (1-1.25" drop, high spring rates)
Bilstein shocks/struts (worth every penny)
New Quad shocks (old ones had 135K miles)
Poly spring isolators (ride is now quiet)
front swaybar poly bushings
MM C/C plates (aligmnent now accurate)
MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings (tighter)
Rear pinion snubber (duh!)

I just got an alignment at a local shop (because it was bad before and only worse after the upgrade) and now it rides better than before. The steering is better than when new and the car simply rides straight as an arrow.

NO BUMPSTEER...........and I'm not kidding. I tested the car out on some roads I know well that are far from smooth and the car did not dart anywhere. Just soaked up each bump and kept going dead on straight. MM said this would be the case and I'm glad I didn't waste money on bumpsteer stuff for my particular setup.

That's my experience so far. Just added new 3.55 gears, speedo gear, aluminum differential, new waterpump, and replaced oil pan gasket. Now the car feels quicker, tranny feels smooth, car stays cool, and no more oil leaks! That's a lot to change at once, but OMG it was worth it.

Now I finally feel like I'm headed somewhere with my car.

Good luck.......and definitely do something!
 
8

8mycsh

New Member
Aug 6, 2004
66
0
0
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Aug 15, 2004
#6
  • Aug 15, 2004
  • #6
I was just curious, do you guys recommend converting the rear suspension to coilover as well?

Here is the kit a local shop put together for me:

MM Front Coil-Over Kit
MM Rear Coil-Over Kit*
Pair 2-1/2' Hypercoil Springs
Pair 2-1/4' Hypercoil Springs
Bilstein Sport Front Struts
Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks
MM Caster/Camber Plates

* If you do not have an MM Panhard bar, you also have to add the rear lower shock mount.

Price $1534.02

I have parted it from what you guys have provided to me. Other then the H&R Race Springs.
 
B

baglock1

The Bartender
Founding Member
Aug 25, 2001
6,612
1
78
Space Coast, FL
Aug 15, 2004
#7
  • Aug 15, 2004
  • #7
8mycsh said:
I was just curious, do you guys recommend converting the rear suspension to coilover as well?
Click to expand...

I'm pretty happy with my setup, coilover's front and rear.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Suspension Is somethig Wrong Here?
  • Icemanxxxv
  • Jul 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
180
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 11, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
321
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
623
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
F
For Sale 03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
  • FastFox5oh
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
237
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Jul 14, 2026
FastFox5oh
F
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
259
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?