LS1 Hunting??

• Sponsors (?)

hey man, how do you like the heads? I remember you said you were going that route, how does the power etc feel. Also i would like to see a pic of an engine bay with the p's and the headers etc.

jason

Those mods will get you closer, but the LS1 still has more power. Also, your car is pretty heavy. The gears might let you get the hole shot, but he will pull you back in pretty quickly if he can drive at all.

SN95's need a stroker motor and HCI to really beat up an LS1, then that LS1 comes back with a stroker, or ported heads and cam and we need a blower.

It's sad, but true, those LS1's have nice heads and we have a 48 cube handicap.

A bone stock auto LS1...maybe.

Look at my mods and then I'll tell you this...I ran a bolt-on 6 spd. LS1 (2002 WS6), had exhuast, lid, gears, and all the other little stuff. I hung with him good til he started getting into the meat of his 3rd gear where he started pulling on me. By top of 4th, I was about a car back. They are fast freakin' cars.

331 cobra said:
Those mods will get you closer, but the LS1 still has more power. Also, your car is pretty heavy. The gears might let you get the hole shot, but he will pull you back in pretty quickly if he can drive at all.

SN95's need a stroker motor and HCI to really beat up an LS1, then that LS1 comes back with a stroker, or ported heads and cam and we need a blower.

It's sad, but true, those LS1's have nice heads and we have a 48 cube handicap.
:bs:
I seem to do just fine against mildly modded ones and I am cam only

I am way lighter than your vert though.

as long as they dont have long tubes you should get a descent run with them.

from a highway roll, my 4th just pulls well on lid exhaust ls1s A4 or M6
I have tons of experience with them because all my friends drive them. raning form 13 - 10 second daily drivers :nice:

You have a freak there. Stock heads and you run 12's. That's impressive.

On the other hand, I have heard of stock LS1's running similar times. They probably had good drivers and sticky tires, but you have an intake, TB, cam, headers and exhaust.

Now if you add a stroker and some heads, you would start to walk all over that LS1. That is what I said. But how about that 10 second daily driver, you need a blower to hang with him.

Whoa, something does smell around here.

331 cobra said:
You have a freak there. Stock heads and you run 12's. That's impressive.

On the other hand, I have heard of stock LS1's running similar times. They probably had good drivers and sticky tires, but you have an intake, TB, cam, headers and exhaust.

Now if you add a stroker and some heads, you would start to walk all over that LS1. That is what I said. But how about that 10 second daily driver, you need a blower to hang with him.

Whoa, something does smell around here.

I agree..very impressive numbers with the stock heads. :nice:

I have been to the track quite a few times and I hardly ever see any daily driver camero's or TA's that make it in the 12's. I guess nobody around here has the money to really make one go :lol:

With a stroker you could make it into the 11's fairly easily. I have somewhat of a mild setup and i made it into the low 12's NA. There was another guy on here who has a 347 who was in the 11's. And if you take away that CI handicap by putting in a 351 (which came stock in some 94-95 models) Its funny how the tables turn.

Anyways CI for CI and dollar for dollar.. The mustang is so much better then a Camero, TA, or even the Corvette...

My car isnt a freak, it only dynoed 246/290 I worked to get it where it is weight wise and drive the crap out of it

I think my future afr 185 347 with a wet plate will do me just fine. 11s on motor and 10s on the squeeze. I just have to wait until I graduate

but in the mena time, I am doing my budget setup and we will see how far that takes me. some P heads and AFM cam and long tubes. I am doing this all on an extremely low budget. after that a fuel pump and a modest dose of N2O

It is a freak. 246hp and 12's, that's freakish. That's a good thing.

I bet that dyno sheet looks pretty freaky too, it's probably near 240 for about 2000 rpm. That's my guess any way. Your weight helps too.

Just don't wave the B.S. flag when you are going to turn around and agree with what I have to say.