LS1 vs 04GT

modu1ar tek said:
The GT's torque gives it a chance in 1st/2nd, but it's over 3rd+.

I'm not knocking the 4.6 because IMO, it is a nice motor but...

Neither the SOHC or DOHC 4.6 (with of course "the exception" '03+ Cobra ) makes more torque than the LS1, stock vs. stock. Since we're talking '04 GT vs. LS1...ex: average GT: 270-280rwtq...average LS1: 315-325rwtq.

The advantage that the Mustangs have is in gearing, especially in 1st and 2nd (I'm talking manuals here).

T56:1st: 2.66 / 2nd: 1.78 / 3rd: 1.30...rear: 3.42
3650:1st: 3.37 / 2nd: 1.99 / 3rd: 1.33...rear: 3.27 or 3.55 (Mach)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about those numbers.

Carry on...

• Sponsors (?)

GinoGT said:
N/A 2V Mustangs have run as fast as high 11's, and they still see duty as daily drivers. You don't need a power adder to beat an LS1.
That's nice, but NA, stock engined, automatic LS1's can run as fast as 11.5's. Of course, I do realize that a high 11 sec mustang will beat most of the LS1's it comes across.

02LS1: i can't be totally srue but those numbers all look good to me. Exhaust and lid on my 98 netted 337rwtq, with 325+ from 3.5k-5k. If those gears are correct (im too tired to check) that would explain it. However, I raced an 01 Cobra 5 spd with a catback when I had just a catback, and I got the jump off the line.....twice.

My $0.02: Both the F-body and mustangs are nice, RWD, V8 powered modern american muscle cars. The LS1 is just a better place to start for straight line performance than most recent mustangs. If for some reason I couldn't have the LS1 F-body, I'd have a 99+ Mustang GT. They are so close to one another I think the opposing drivers should get along a little bit better than we do. Better than all the GD F&F ricer **** buzzing around!!!!! If you put enough work into them, either can raise holy hell on the road while looking/sounding badass. Hopefully in 2008 we can be comparing an LS2 powerd 5th gen with a mustang cobra using the lightning's blown 5.4L :banana:

A guy here in town just bought a 1999 Z28 with the ground effects chrome wheels and an automatic. He ran his mouth about LS1 power. Not knowing I have alot more experience with LS1/LT1 then he does.

I beat him from a stop and from 25mph three times. :D

From what I've read so far I don't think anyone really whinned about the small displacement of the GT. It's a lack thereof that makes a difference. As said earlier the GT launchs better and has decent gearing that gives it the advantage off the line. And whether you want to admit it or not the cubes make a difference. Stock for stock modded for modded the LS1 generally wins in a straight line. These are the stupidest threads because common sense and basic physics dictates that more hp/trq equates into greater acceleration. This topic is like debating the best position to have sex. It's a waste of time. Just line up at the track and race. For every LS1 thats taken out a GT there is just as many GTs that have taken out LS1s. The biggest advantage the GTs have is that they know they are the underdog and it makes it that much more envigorating when an LS1 owner gets spooged on in the eye and face.

Just a little personal experience to throw in. I went with my friend to the track screwing around, he has a 00 SS, and I have a 98 GT, I knew he was going to blow me away, but I wanted to race anyway. I ran a 14.7, and his best was 12.9. His is a stock SS with headers and exhaust. He tore me up... Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

ASchaffer said:
Just a little personal experience to throw in. I went with my friend to the track screwing around, he has a 00 SS, and I have a 98 GT, I knew he was going to blow me away, but I wanted to race anyway. I ran a 14.7, and his best was 12.9. His is a stock SS with headers and exhaust. He tore me up... Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

I don't think an SS with headers and exhaust is stock but thats just me. I've seen modded LS1s in this area running anywhere from 12.7-14.3s at 105-112 mph. I respect the LS1 engine very much and with a good driver its a waste of gas for a GT to run against one. Off topic but the Hot Rod Power tour was coming thru the little country town that I work in and it was about 85-87% GM vehicles. Each one of them was eye candy. I dont think Bob from the Enzyte male enhancement commercial had anything on what I had during that point. I was good to go all day long. :D

i would just like to say remember the elevation around here at 6000ft 13.2 up here translates to 14.2-4 so you can now make your decsisions gentlemen ls1 is a plastic bowtie piece of sh**! and a simple 5.4 swap would rape those marrows but i give ford credit for the power they got out of the itty bitty 4.6 i like thes mod motors they have awesome potential. Theres a guy in a 97 stang with mod 4.62v and hes making over 800LBFT at the tires im sure the motor is all built but just an example of the 4.6 petent> :banana:

40th_GT said:
i would just like to say remember the elevation around here at 6000ft 13.2 up here translates to 14.2-4 so you can now make your decsisions gentlemen ls1 is a plastic bowtie piece of sh**! and a simple 5.4 swap would rape those marrows but i give ford credit for the power they got out of the itty bitty 4.6 i like thes mod motors they have awesome potential. Theres a guy in a 97 stang with mod 4.62v and hes making over 800LBFT at the tires im sure the motor is all built but just an example of the 4.6 petent> :banana:

How does a 13.2 at 6000ft = 14.2-4? :confused: You run faster at sea level, not slower.

Simple 5.4 swap? Go research what a 5.4 swap involves. Yes, the heads will bolt right up, but that's where the simple stuff ends.

The modulars are good engines but the LS1's have a lot of power on us. They can do easily over 400RWHP N/A and still be perfectly daily driveable. I would love to see a 400RWHP N/A modular, but even if somebody manages to pull it off, it sure as hell isn't going to be streetable.

40th_GT said:

idiot :lol:

40th_GT said:

Ok its official you are definately the dumbest mustang owner here. Jesus do you even read what you post.

GO THE F U C K AWAY IDIOT!