• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

LT Header install HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snydaleid
  • Start date Start date Feb 21, 2004

Snydaleid

Member
Mar 26, 2003
69
0
6
Moscow, ID
Feb 21, 2004
#1
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #1
This question is for those of you who installed your LT headers when the engine was pulled. Was there anything you had to do to get it to work? I'm looking at my engine bay right now and it looks really tight. What do I have to do to get it in there?
 
6

68 & 00 GT

New Member
May 14, 2003
2,407
1
0
HOUSTON TEXAS
Feb 21, 2004
#2
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #2
while the engine was pulled ? Just bolt them on the heads
 

Snydaleid

Member
Mar 26, 2003
69
0
6
Moscow, ID
Feb 21, 2004
#3
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #3
The headers are on. I need to know how to slide the einge back in the bay with the headers on.
 
6

68 & 00 GT

New Member
May 14, 2003
2,407
1
0
HOUSTON TEXAS
Feb 21, 2004
#4
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #4
Oh gotcha - Dunno. Call houston Performce w/in the next 20 minutes (by 4:00 central time), and ask them (281) 893-6080.

I always wondered the same thing though for after I pull my engine. Let us know what they say.

Seems to me it will be a tight fit, but make it in no problem
 
6

68 & 00 GT

New Member
May 14, 2003
2,407
1
0
HOUSTON TEXAS
Feb 21, 2004
#5
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #5
oops my watch is slow. Call 'em quick.
 

Snydaleid

Member
Mar 26, 2003
69
0
6
Moscow, ID
Feb 21, 2004
#6
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #6
I didn't get a chance to call them. I was getting another cherry picker because the one I'm using decided it didn't want to lift anymore and I didn't see your post until after I got back. I'm getting absolutly nothing done today.
 
R

Roush21

New Member
Dec 31, 2003
348
0
0
Feb 21, 2004
#7
  • Feb 21, 2004
  • #7
Snydaleid said:
I didn't get a chance to call them. I was getting another cherry picker because the one I'm using decided it didn't want to lift anymore and I didn't see your post until after I got back. I'm getting absolutly nothing done today.
Click to expand...



Dunno if this will help but a long time ago when the 96 cobras first came out and the LT headers came out and people couldnt get them on without pulling the motor, I heard someone say they dropped the motor out the bottom just a little to get the headers on because you dont have to drop it down as much because the headers are pretty low. If you could get your car on a lift you could do that. Just a suggestion, maybe it will help maybe not but thought I'd give ya my opinion.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
LT headers/ CEL misfire
  • Starxk
  • Jul 28, 2025
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
6
Views
454
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Jul 28, 2025
Noobz347
Fox won't crank over and fuel pump won't kick on.
  • djj62478
  • Jun 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
514
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 11, 2026
General karthief
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
106
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
K
Door post and rust repair
  • Kleinjj27
  • Aug 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
321
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 8, 2026
Kleinjj27
K
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
83
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?