Mac Dumps

Jul 10, 2013
Hello all,
I am looking for a sound clip or a video of a stocish 5.0 and stock hpipe with the mac produmps.
I need new mufflers, looking at giving the dumps a try, but i cant get rid of the cats due to smog.

My mods include gt40 heads, bbk shorty headers, elderbrock intake, bbk 70mm tb with bbk cai and pro-m maf and a mild cam(i think e303).

Also i have a rattle (metal on metal) comming from the firewall/ tranny tunnel area, is there a heat sheild or something around there that would cause it?

• Sponsors (?)

check youtube for the soundclip should be there, as far as the rattling noise i would check the heat shields on the converters, often the factory spot welds break causing the shields to rattle

Dumps in general are a terrible idea. Border line horrific on an lx (from a visual standpoint).
Now couple that with loud mac mufflers and it's a recipe for a car that is almost unbearable on the street.

Reactions: 1 users
You're not going to like dumps after you realize how loud it is inside the car. You basically bounce the sound off the pavement and right back up into the car.

I ran dumps for a week...never again