Mach 1 Fuel pump Swap

l8rg8rz

Apr 7, 2010
I am swapping out my 2V 4.6 99 GT for the entire drivetrain/wiring/computers of a totaled 2003 Mach 1. Do I need to drop the tank for the fuel pump. I am worried there may be a difference but I don't know. Do I need to go through the trouble of dropping the tank to get the pump? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Not 100% sure, but I believe the 2V and the Mach share the same tank / pump. Now the 4V Terminator is a different story, and I do know that the Mach does not have the Termi's fuel setup...and I'm not aware of any sort of setup in between the 2V and the Termi....leading me to conclude that the Mach and 2V are the same, fuel wise.

Well there is some kind of difference. I replaced the entire wiring system, computers, engine, trans, rear, etc. The only electrics that stayed were the speakers, the passenger door wiring, and the fuel tank/pump. I took a video of my first attempt to start it. Ran rough and kept shutting off. Changed the tank/pump and it is PERFECT. I had to take it to Ford for their brake bleeding as it needs a machine to evacuate the air from the ABS/traction control box. They told me there is voltage differences being sent to the pump from the computer that the GT pump reads differently and so responds differently to adjusting the pressure. There are a lot of ppl saying dumb unknowing stuff about this specialized drivetrain. ABS sensors are stock GT even though the ABS box says its for a COBRA, ppl trying to sell me the wrong stuff because there is no listing at autozone/pepboys etc for the Mach 1 sub-species.