Mach 1 Mach 1 has a cobra engine right?

frathouse

Apr 11, 2004
The mach 1 has the 99-02 cobra engine in it right? Thus any exhaust parts I look at need to be compatible with a 99-02 cobra? Just wondering so I can get ideas on pricing...

• Sponsors (?)

Ernad said:
Essentially...yes and no. Headers would be the same as for a Cobra of 99-04, to the best of my knowledge. However, mid-pipes and cat-backs are the same as the GT ones.
Uhh, no. Mach 1 has the same cylinder heads as the 03/04 Cobra, which have an elongated oval-shaped exhaust port, so the headers would need to be the same as the Cobra. Mid-pipe and catback, yes GT style. People need to quit confusing the Mach 1 32 valve motor with the earlier Cobra motors, they don't have much in common. The Mach 1 mod motor is in the same family with the Marauder and Lincoln Aviator DOHC 32 valve engines, with the major differences between them being intakes.

Not to sound like an idiot but how exactly are they different? Heads, intakes, TB, af, valves, compression? Just interesting to know that what I thought for so long is wrong lol

frathouse said:
Not to sound like an idiot but how exactly are they different? Heads, intakes, TB, af, valves, compression? Just interesting to know that what I thought for so long is wrong lol
Compared to the 99-01 engine, the intake cams are different. The Cobra ones are supposed to have more power up top. That is one of the main differences I know of.

The only reason the catbacks are different vs. the Cobra is because of the IRS. All 99+ mid pipes will fit, the only difference is the sensor placement on the newer cars. The mid pipe is a non issue between the cobra, mach, and gt. You just need to extend the wiring on the 04's I think. Mid pipes are not cobra, mach, or gt specific!