Mach Stereo Replaced; Problem Discovered

revvv

Mar 26, 2016
I have only had the 02 GT for a few weeks. I noticed the stereo did not sound like it should when I bought the car. I attributed the issue to the Kenwood head unit. After finally having the chance to listen to the stereo I have realized that the bad sound is more complicated than the head (my assumption at the moment).

All I know about the Mach 460 system is that it has a pair of tweeters, front door speakers, and dual speakers in the rear side panels that are all powered by 2 factory amps. I have no idea what or how the factory head unit functioned, it was replaced by the previous owner.

So what is the sound issue? If I adjust the fader to the rear I get no sound at all. It is as if the speakers are not hooked up.

It looks like I will be pulling panels. I'm not sure what to look for, but I know something is hooked up wrong, or not hooked up at all. I really hope an install kit was used. I do not want to pull the dash and sort through unknown wires that are likely equal to a plate of spaghetti.

Now I have to wonder if one of the amps lost power, or blew a fuse (if that is possible). I have no idea how this system should be wires at all.

I'm not excited.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)