Mad as heck.... '87 won't start... Again!

87LX2.3

Apr 23, 2009
Central Iowa
You guessed it....

If you're reading this, you are reading yet another post about my miserable $300 Mustang.

Today:
Got home from school, decided to take Mustang to auto parts store to do in-car alternator check. As always, you have to jumpstart it, because the battery will have died since the last time I drove it. So, I get it hooked up to my other car, climb in, and (most of you can guess what happens next) it wouldn't start! I checked for fuel (yes), spark (yes), and that all the hoses/lines were hooked up (yes). I let it sit there a while to let the battery charge using my other car. Climbed in again and, no start. Same as always, the darn thing cranks over perfectly.

If I haven't already taken your ideas, I would love to hear from you as to what you think the problem is with my car. Thanks!

naw

the coil is on the strut tower on the driver side there is a pip ( profile ignition pickup) inside the distributor that works in conjunction with the tfi. just swap out the whole distrbutor i have never had any luck trying to pull them apart to replace it. the computer is a possibility that should be easy to find.