Maf Question

0831141355.jpg
So i got codes 157 and 158. Maf is above and below voltage. Dont understand how it could be both at the same time, unless its junk. Its the original. Have had a cold air intake on it.
My question to you guys is can i clean it, if so what is the best way. I noticed it has two prongs inside this smaller hole. Im guessing these are the above and below voltage sensors.
Any input would be nice.
If i have to get a new one would it be beneficial to get a 73mm one calibrated for 24lb injectors. Am slowly building up the car...

• Sponsors (?)

The black unit on the housing needs to be removed. A T20 security torx is needed (Torx with a hole in the middle). Remove torx bolts, then CAREFULLY pull the unit straight up, careful not to twist/angle it. Spray sensor/wire with MAF cleaner, reinstall being VERY careful not to hit wires/sensor when putting back in the hole, make sure the o-gasket doesn't fall off either.

http://www.bullittarchive.com/1007.htm - Newer MAF is exposed, so it shows the process in car instead of in house with the piece you pulled from the airbox.

You can probably do a better job cleaning it while it is taken apart but this is not 100% necessary. I have always cleaned mine by just removing the MAF from the car, spraying electronics cleaner through the hole and using q-tips to very very gently clean the wires inside. This is how I was taught to clean it, and it has worked very well for me for several years.

Reactions: 1 user