Magnaflow Catted X-pipe question....

Wi-Stanger

Oct 18, 2003
Wisconsin
Ok my car just started sounding weird so I jacked it up to check for an exhaust leak. I found one of the nuts for the Magnaflow X-Pipe was missing completely. Now I have my stock exhaust with the bolts from it, does anyone know if they use the same size nut as the Magnaflow one??

• Sponsors (?)

well it starts to screw on and it won't go much further. How did you guys reach the top passenger bolt???? I just spent 70 bucks on tools and everything is 1/4 to 1/2 inch too wide to fit. I'm going to kill something.

Wi-Stanger said:
Ok my car just started sounding weird so I jacked it up to check for an exhaust leak. I found one of the nuts for the Magnaflow X-Pipe was missing completely. Now I have my stock exhaust with the bolts from it, does anyone know if they use the same size nut as the Magnaflow one??
Negative. I believe the nut you need is a 10 mm 1.25 thread pitch. I have the magnaflow X and that's what I had to use. It might be an 8mm, can't quite remember, but the pitch IS 1.25. Pretty much any hardware store has them.

Wi-Stanger said:
well it starts to screw on and it won't go much further. How did you guys reach the top passenger bolt???? I just spent 70 bucks on tools and everything is 1/4 to 1/2 inch too wide to fit. I'm going to kill something.

Yep, the nuts are different as Blev says :nice: , to get to the top nut on the passanger side, I used a 3/8 drive swivel and a real long extension to get at it.

I got it all sorted out now. Mine ended up being a 10MM with a 1.50 pitch. I finally figured out the extension and the swivel once I got the correct nut hehe.

There is such a huge difference in sound and feel that I can't believe it. Thanks guys for the input.

Wi-Stanger said:
I got it all sorted out now. Mine ended up being a 10MM with a 1.50 pitch. I finally figured out the extension and the swivel once I got the correct nut hehe.

There is such a huge difference in sound and feel that I can't believe it. Thanks guys for the input.

1.50 :scratch: At least you got it figured out.