• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Magnaflow Catted X-pipe question....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wi-Stanger
  • Start date Start date Aug 2, 2005
W

Wi-Stanger

New Member
Oct 18, 2003
111
0
0
Wisconsin
Aug 2, 2005
#1
  • Aug 2, 2005
  • #1
Ok my car just started sounding weird so I jacked it up to check for an exhaust leak. I found one of the nuts for the Magnaflow X-Pipe was missing completely. Now I have my stock exhaust with the bolts from it, does anyone know if they use the same size nut as the Magnaflow one??
 

Roush97

Founding Member
Jun 9, 2002
1,006
0
36
Greencastle,Pa
Aug 2, 2005
#2
  • Aug 2, 2005
  • #2
very good possibility. crawl under and check
 
W

Wi-Stanger

New Member
Oct 18, 2003
111
0
0
Wisconsin
Aug 2, 2005
#3
  • Aug 2, 2005
  • #3
well it starts to screw on and it won't go much further. How did you guys reach the top passenger bolt???? I just spent 70 bucks on tools and everything is 1/4 to 1/2 inch too wide to fit. I'm going to kill something.
 

Blev

New Member
Aug 17, 2003
1,295
1
0
So. Cal. V-Town
Aug 2, 2005
#4
  • Aug 2, 2005
  • #4
Wi-Stanger said:
Ok my car just started sounding weird so I jacked it up to check for an exhaust leak. I found one of the nuts for the Magnaflow X-Pipe was missing completely. Now I have my stock exhaust with the bolts from it, does anyone know if they use the same size nut as the Magnaflow one??
Click to expand...
Negative. I believe the nut you need is a 10 mm 1.25 thread pitch. I have the magnaflow X and that's what I had to use. It might be an 8mm, can't quite remember, but the pitch IS 1.25. Pretty much any hardware store has them.
 
W

Wi-Stanger

New Member
Oct 18, 2003
111
0
0
Wisconsin
Aug 3, 2005
#5
  • Aug 3, 2005
  • #5
I picked up both 8mm and 10mm just now. I'm going to go give it a shot, if I can get this to work then you are my new hero.
 

hotrodnut

Member
Jul 12, 2004
672
0
17
North Florida
Aug 3, 2005
#6
  • Aug 3, 2005
  • #6
Wi-Stanger said:
well it starts to screw on and it won't go much further. How did you guys reach the top passenger bolt???? I just spent 70 bucks on tools and everything is 1/4 to 1/2 inch too wide to fit. I'm going to kill something.
Click to expand...

Yep, the nuts are different as Blev says , to get to the top nut on the passanger side, I used a 3/8 drive swivel and a real long extension to get at it.
 
W

Wi-Stanger

New Member
Oct 18, 2003
111
0
0
Wisconsin
Aug 3, 2005
#7
  • Aug 3, 2005
  • #7
I got it all sorted out now. Mine ended up being a 10MM with a 1.50 pitch. I finally figured out the extension and the swivel once I got the correct nut hehe.

There is such a huge difference in sound and feel that I can't believe it. Thanks guys for the input.
 

Blev

New Member
Aug 17, 2003
1,295
1
0
So. Cal. V-Town
Aug 3, 2005
#8
  • Aug 3, 2005
  • #8
Wi-Stanger said:
I got it all sorted out now. Mine ended up being a 10MM with a 1.50 pitch. I finally figured out the extension and the swivel once I got the correct nut hehe.

There is such a huge difference in sound and feel that I can't believe it. Thanks guys for the input.
Click to expand...

1.50 At least you got it figured out.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
157
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
S
New guy- first Stang- I love it !!
  • smid333
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
250
The Welcome Wagon Mar 23, 2026
smid333
S
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
462
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
M
Help! 2003 GT misfire when hot
  • Modular03
  • Feb 10, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
508
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 13, 2026
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?